Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old October 11, 2010, 07:35 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

use the console. save the folder. winrar it a few times over just in case and keep it safe. should be fine :) except due date will say '5 years ago' :D
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old October 11, 2010, 07:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
actually it does matter. if you have 3-4 bills to spare o na certain product, 10-12% more is not as bad. but if your budget is 80 bucks, then 50% of it more is bad. :)
if your budget was one dollar, and you wanted a kit kat bar, you could get those stupid little 50 gram calorie saving ones for 99 cents, or you can invest a little more and get a full 150 gram kit kat for $1.50 - you'll be spending 50% more then your budget. (and getting alot more chocolate!)

50% can mean alot, but in reality, sometimes it's still 50 cents. $40 is not that much more money to invest in a video card with a gaming/folding purpose.
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old October 11, 2010, 07:42 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

haha..man you are one funny guy.

true. but people looking to buy this vs a used 8800gt will scratch their heads and go with the gt :) if it was for anything but low power operation in a small puter or such :)
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old October 11, 2010, 07:43 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 5,415

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
if your budget was one dollar, and you wanted a kit kat bar, you could get those stupid little 50 gram calorie saving ones for 99 cents, or you can invest a little more and get a full 150 gram kit kat for $1.50 - you'll be spending 50% more then your budget. (and getting alot more chocolate!)

50% can mean alot, but in reality, sometimes it's still 50 cents. $40 is not that much more money to invest in a video card with a gaming/folding purpose.
And sometimes you don't have $40 more to spend, which is why you're looking at 80 dollar video cards in the first place.
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old October 11, 2010, 08:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
And sometimes you don't have $40 more to spend, which is why you're looking at 80 dollar video cards in the first place.
case in point, still don't waste your $80 -> either go cheaper/used and don't play games/fold because you most likely wouldn't be anyways, or wait and save up said $40.
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old October 11, 2010, 09:07 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 5,415

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkStarr View Post
case in point, still don't waste your $80 -> either go cheaper/used and don't play games/fold because you most likely wouldn't be anyways, or wait and save up said $40.
The point is that despite the fact that there are better options for the same price, spending more money often is not an option.
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old October 11, 2010, 09:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
The point is that despite the fact that there are better options for the same price, spending more money often is not an option.
oh no I completely understand, and disregarding AMD/better options, I'm saying there's no point in spending the $80 on this particular card. We're on the same paaggeee!
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old October 11, 2010, 09:22 PM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,404
Default

Folding with a 925 point WU = 8155 PPD

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old October 11, 2010, 09:38 PM
Banned
F@H
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mtl
Posts: 12,694
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Folding with a 925 point WU = 8155 PPD


sweet dancing jesus!!!!!1
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old October 11, 2010, 10:09 PM
Top Prospect
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
The point is that despite the fact that there are better options for the same price, spending more money often is not an option.
Yeah, I'd weigh the options before plopping down on this card. However, the price is pretty good.

Quote:
I'm saying there's no point in spending the $80 on this particular card
Honestly, I wouldn't buy this card, but I wouldn't buy a 5550 or 5570 either. The fact that the 5550 (which costs $45-48 AR) puts up a commendable fight with this is card is a tad disappointing.........It seems to do good in folding though.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PNY GeForce GTS 450 1GB XLR8 Review Comment Thread SKYMTL Video Cards 2 September 29, 2010 03:59 AM
ASUS Radeon HD 5850 1GB DirectCu TOP Review Comment Thread SKYMTL Video Cards 20 September 12, 2010 07:15 PM
Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Case Review Comment Thread SKYMTL Cases 14 August 8, 2010 12:20 PM
ASUS Radeon HD 5870 1GB V2 Review Comment Thread SKYMTL Video Cards 27 May 26, 2010 09:46 AM