Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30, 2010, 08:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
I love that, actually now that you mention it whenever I get tried of Civ V, I'll have to install Crysis again and see how it is on the 460.
Haha oh man you're gonna be pretty disappointed if your looking for a quantum leap of frames in that game, I have to overclock my 5850 so hard to get a constant 40fps at 1920x1080 and a fair bit of anti aliasing :P
Old September 30, 2010, 08:36 PM
MVP

My System Specs

so by your way of thinking NV/ATI shouldn't continue R&D because the extra power is not needed, games/gpu will always push technology forward if everybody were thinking like that I'd be writing this message on a rock with a piece of coal.

when you're passinate about something you don't ask yourself is it worth it? no you just do it because you like it. IMO you're just not as in computers as some people are, no problem with that but stop trying to convince people that their enthusiasm is not in the right place. If someone spend 3k on a PC so what? not your business
Old October 1, 2010, 09:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If there was a monopoly we would all still be buying rebranded g92 cores selling for $800. The 2 remaining companies are still duking it out in this cutthroat industry, so as long as they can both provide cards that can compete with each other we are well off. Remember when the GTX 2xx series came out how high the prices were but as soon as the 4xxx series from ATI came out, the Nvidia cards shot way down in price to be able to compete with ATI's offerings. In regards to 'film quality' games, well we already do have games that looked like our CG movies back in the day but technology is obviously always pressing forward so games will NEVER look like the CG generated movies do since they are pre-rendered for days and days on VERY powerful computers. A single GTX480 will crush any game at max settings (not max AA) on a 1200 res, and SLI GTX480's will crush any game max settings at 1600 - minus the poorly coded games.

Last edited by headsh0t; October 1, 2010 at 10:44 PM.