LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30, 2010, 04:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
Really? Where did he say that?

He is retired, and he's an avid gamer who just wants the best products he can get for the best PC gaming experience possible in regards to video on a single monitor and sound through a pair of headphones. Plain and simple. He's not the kind of guy to go around tooting his horn saying "Hey everybody, my PC is better then yours!!"

Get your head out of your ass man.
He run 2 480 and he ever want more...it there any good reason for that? no. Only the need of having a bigger system. That's like putting a pipe on a Accent. Not making any difference, still going at the same speed but damn you are doing noise so that's cool. Having a single 5870 is perfect for everything a 480 is to, having 2 is already overkill and thinking for more is...simply showing the need of hey I have that maybe I could have bigger, wouldn't it be cool? I am not saying that he is not a cool man, I never meet him. The main idea is that this thread is useless ( Off topic section related ) and that if he wonder about getting more than 2 480 he maybe have a little complex about not having the latest hardware or always getting more only to have more.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 30, 2010, 05:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
He run 2 480 and he ever want more...it there any good reason for that? no. Only the need of having a bigger system. That's like putting a pipe on a Accent. Not making any difference, still going at the same speed but damn you are doing noise so that's cool. Having a single 5870 is perfect for everything a 480 is to, having 2 is already overkill and thinking for more is...simply showing the need of hey I have that maybe I could have bigger, wouldn't it be cool? I am not saying that he is not a cool man, I never meet him. The main idea is that this thread is useless ( Off topic section related ) and that if he wonder about getting more than 2 480 he maybe have a little complex about not having the latest hardware or always getting more only to have more.

You know, I just don't get how you can say that 2 480's are overkill. Lets face it right now there already is a game that you can NOT play with all the settings up high with 2 480s and have a large resolution. Take Metro 2033 for example, you most certainly cannot crank the AA up on that at all. Then just think about the games that are coming.

But really I think what the OP is trying to say is that if we did have more players in the video card world, then we would most likely be even farther than we are right now. Don't get me wrong the performance of cards are hugely improved over past generations but is this not the nature of the enthusiast? Always wanting to have something better? Lets face it do we not all want to have systems that have the power to be able to render games that have the quality of movies? I'm sure we will get there and when we do we will all want the next best thing.

Old September 30, 2010, 06:16 PM
Banned
F@H

for most things at not crazy resolutions perhaps. but for crancking eye candy and said resolution up? yup, 480 sli is still a little baby :)

the fun part about hardware catching up to software needs is that some years later you can finally play the dam game with a sub 200 dollar video card that you couldnt when it came out :)
Old September 30, 2010, 06:30 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
the fun part about hardware catching up to software needs is that some years later you can finally play the dam game with a sub 200 dollar video card that you couldnt when it came out :)
I love that, actually now that you mention it whenever I get tried of Civ V, I'll have to install Crysis again and see how it is on the 460.

Old September 30, 2010, 06:46 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
He run 2 480 and he ever want more...it there any good reason for that? no. Only the need of having a bigger system.
So you're telling us that if you had the cash, you would not build the best PC for gaming that you possibly could? Please.

Right now at this moment if you had the cash to blow you wouldn't upgrade your rig to an X58 mobo, triple channel ddr3, a 980X cpu, and multiple GTX480's or 5970's....... as well as every other little toy you can find to go along with it? Come on.

What would you rather drive.... a Hyundai Accent which does "ok" to get you from point A to B, or a Lamborghini Murcielago that will get you from point A to B way faster and you'll have more fun doing it?? If I could afford either one, I know what I'd pick.
Old September 30, 2010, 06:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

My french sucks Martin......only took it in school (Winnipeg - St Boniface) until Grade 7.....at which time we moved to the Westcoast....no more french.....my Spanish is much better then my french.......your alright...

...................sorry to hear your Cock smells bad............. ;)

(as always...no offense)

btw..would love to see more contributors to the GPU Market..

Quote:
if he wonder about getting more than 2 480 he maybe have a little complex about not having the latest hardware or always getting more only to have more.
I KNOW I need an intervention....my wife reminds me every time the Purolator van drives into our driveway..........nothing wrong with it though...don't look at it as epeen Martin (thats shallow and childish).....for us old farts its a hobby ...and what hobbiest..whether cars...models...or whatever floats your boat doesn't like / enjoy/appreciate high end gear

Last edited by rjbarker; September 30, 2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old September 30, 2010, 08:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
You know, I just don't get how you can say that 2 480's are overkill. Lets face it right now there already is a game that you can NOT play with all the settings up high with 2 480s and have a large resolution. Take Metro 2033 for example, you most certainly cannot crank the AA up on that at all. Then just think about the games that are coming.
Use the Crysis 1 exemple. Even today this game is hard to run with many computer not because it's damn eyecandy and all the thing, but because the game code suck. Crysis 2 is not as heavy and have better graph. Metro is the same game. The game could run on a really lower system if the prog at the base of the game was better. Is it really realist to concider that a game is hard to run because it have been program like crap? That's simply biased. Take ANY other game that have a good code and...ho look it run like a charm even with a 470 everything maxed...wierd no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killswitch View Post
So you're telling us that if you had the cash, you would not build the best PC for gaming that you possibly could? Please.

Right now at this moment if you had the cash to blow you wouldn't upgrade your rig to an X58 mobo, triple channel ddr3, a 980X cpu, and multiple GTX480's or 5970's....... as well as every other little toy you can find to go along with it? Come on.

What would you rather drive.... a Hyundai Accent which does "ok" to get you from point A to B, or a Lamborghini Murcielago that will get you from point A to B way faster and you'll have more fun doing it?? If I could afford either one, I know what I'd pick.
When I build my computer about hm....9 month ago maybe? I was having the money to buy a X58 and all the stuff, but I decide to buy a P55 because I don't need anymore. So yeah, if I have the money I won't buy the biggest computer since I know I don't need to spend over 3K on a computer to make thing run like a charm. There is way better place to spend money than computer even if you like them a lot. Second, I think you don't understand the Accent thing, I mean, you don't pimp a car only to pimp it, it's useless. That's the point of adding thing that you don't really need. My GF have an Accent, my mother in law do to, few of my friend do have one and seriously I understand why they are cheap on price...you spend most of your time driving to the repair shop.

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old September 30, 2010, 08:08 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Different strokes for different folks. :)

We all have our priorities. IF you can afford it and that is how you want to spend your coin...GO FOR IT!!

I rather have an accuracy Int'l rifle than a new system....buts thats just me :P

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old September 30, 2010, 08:16 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:

being overkill for YOU does not make it overkill for everyone, try playing games in 25XX+ resolution and you'll see that VGA performance are below what games can take

it looks like someone need some rest, this OP bashing is un-called for. If the tread is so worthless, let it die.

Last edited by mkultra; September 30, 2010 at 08:21 PM.
Old September 30, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkultra View Post
being overkill for YOU does not make it overkill for everyone, try playing games in 25XX+ resolution and you'll see that VGA performance are below what games can take

Wanting more then what is actually the best is.

Anyway this thread lead to nowhere and don't even belong to this category. Should be close or move to Off Topic.

Martin_metal_88