Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   MSI RMA experience? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/36549-msi-rma-experience.html)

KnightOfAwesome September 25, 2010 02:06 PM

MSI RMA experience?

Does anyone have any experience with MSI's Canadian RMA department?
I RMA'd my videocard after having having constant vertical bars, Now i'm wondering how fast there RMA department is? It still says in processing.

The card I RMA'd is this one: MSI USA ? Computer, Laptop, Notebook, Desktop, Mainboard, Graphics and more
It seems they don't carry it anymore, not quite sure what they can do now.

I'm just a little puzzled by the lack of information provided by MSI, I just want to know if anyone has been in a similar situation.

Thanks,
Kurtis

ilya September 25, 2010 02:13 PM

A few years back MSI RMA used to be notoriously horrific, to the point that I haven't bought a single MSI product in 4 years and the company I worked for at the time stocked a lot less of their product. But the past year or so I've been hearing a lot of good things about them, you should be fine. They might have ran out of stock on that one, but just sit back and relax, these things can take a while to process. If the card is out of stock, they'll probably just offer you another 5770 model.

KnightOfAwesome September 26, 2010 02:24 PM

Ok, sweet,
I'll just wait and see what will happen.

jcmaz September 26, 2010 02:29 PM

Make sure to report back in this thread KnightofAwesome!!!

KnightOfAwesome September 26, 2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcmaz (Post 432900)
Make sure to report back in this thread KnightofAwesome!!!

Sure will, It's best to be kept well informed of a company's RMA department. Rebate departments, not so much :bleh:

I'll give them a call sometime next week, Although there aren't any calling hours currently posted on the website.

KnightOfAwesome October 1, 2010 03:36 PM

Ok, a bit of an update.

I got an email yesterday, take a look:

Quote:

Dear Kurtis,

In regards to RMA# RRxxxxxxxx, could you kindly provide me your proof of purchase.

RMA# RRxxxxxxxx
Model# R5770-PM2D1G-OC/Seaweed

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks in advance!
He also called me, thankfully, So i emailed my proof of purchase. Now apparently, I'll be sent a check. That baffles me, what would be a chance that i would get a full refund? Afterall they are the manufacture not the reseller. Now i'm not quite sure this is set in stone.

What do you guys think?
Kurtis

_dangtx_ October 1, 2010 04:03 PM

wait hold on a sec? instead of an rma you get money back? something is so seriously messed up with the board you got that theyre paying cold hard cash to get it off the streets? :)

importpsycho October 1, 2010 04:30 PM

hm, I RMAed 4890 few months ago and they didn't ask for proof of purchase

KnightOfAwesome October 1, 2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by importpsycho (Post 434713)
hm, I RMAed 4890 few months ago and they didn't ask for proof of purchase

Did they have your model in stock at the time?

importpsycho October 1, 2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightOfAwesome (Post 434803)
Did they have your model in stock at the time?

yea, took me like 3~4weeks to get it back