Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14, 2010, 03:54 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Arrow Twin Turbo Pro on XFX HD4890?

Hey guys,

Right the stock cooler on my XFX HD4890 has been making a clicking noise for some time now,I think one of the bearings in the fan has gone,I could probably return it to XFX but its alot of hastle and i didnt like how noisy the cooler is anyway + it runs 60c idle so all the more for a better cooler :)

I was thinking about getting this aftermarket cooler for it?

Artic Cooling Accelero TWIN TURBO PRO Graphics Card Cooler
Artic Cooling Accelero TWIN TURBO PRO Graphics Card.. | Ebuyer.com

However i heard you have to watch out with getting aftermarket coolers for the 4890 because of "Non reference" desighns?

Would i run into any trouble installing that Accelero TWIN TURBO PRO?

Thanks all for any replies,geratly appreciated :)
Old September 14, 2010, 04:02 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevakonaza View Post
Hey guys,

Right the stock cooler on my XFX HD4890 has been making a clicking noise for some time now,I think one of the bearings in the fan has gone,I could probably return it to XFX but its alot of hastle and i didnt like how noisy the cooler is anyway + it runs 60c idle so all the more for a better cooler :)

I was thinking about getting this aftermarket cooler for it?

Artic Cooling Accelero TWIN TURBO PRO Graphics Card Cooler
Artic Cooling Accelero TWIN TURBO PRO Graphics Card.. | Ebuyer.com

However i heard you have to watch out with getting aftermarket coolers for the 4890 because of "Non reference" desighns?

Would i run into any trouble installing that Accelero TWIN TURBO PRO?

Thanks all for any replies,geratly appreciated :)
to you have the reference design card? or not ? (the one with the full shroud cover, with the fan at the very end of the card is reference) It may or may not fit on the non-reference card.
Old September 14, 2010, 04:07 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hi thanks for replying :)

Thats what i was asking, if it was a non reference card or not as i was not sure, but yes my card has the fan right at the end of card.
This is the same cooler on my card,But mine has a black PCB instead of the red shown on that pic.

What im concearned with though is cooling the VRMs?...i heard thats an issue with the 4890 but cant really find any info about them :/