Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   Comment Thread for ALL Launch-Day GTS 450 Reviews (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/36164-comment-thread-all-launch-day-gts-450-reviews.html)

SKYMTL September 12, 2010 08:38 PM

Comment Thread for ALL Launch-Day GTS 450 Reviews

I'll keep this short and sweet. (Links will be live in ~20 mins)

For the GTS 450 1GB Single & SLI Review, CLICK HERE (Folding @ Home testing included)

For the ASUS GTS 450 1GB DirectCU TOP Review CLICK HERE

For the EVGA GTS 450 1GB FTW Single & SLI Review CLICK HERE

For the Gigabyte GTS 450 1GB Review CLICK HERE

geokilla September 12, 2010 08:39 PM

Thank god for no school tomorrow. I'm gonna read them before I sleep.

Well since they're all more or less the same cards, I don't have to actually read them all...

heflys20 September 12, 2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 428072)
(Links will be live in ~20 mins)

Man I'm slow.......I'm clicking the links like "WTF is going on !?" LOL.

zoob September 12, 2010 08:50 PM

I hate waiting for NDAs to expire. Post them already so I'm not a zombie @ work tomorrow morning!!! :whistle:

Sagath September 12, 2010 09:03 PM

Its 3 after 12. They arnt up. Sad panda :(

SKYMTL September 12, 2010 09:03 PM

The are all up sir. Just updating the forum links now.

_dangtx_ September 12, 2010 09:07 PM

as expected. sli rocks. too bad they didnt price them a bit better :) like 2 of these for the price of a 460 , but still decent performance with both. higher resolution numbers is a bit of a surprise, to say the least. on paper(and alone if you have only one) they look really puny.

edit . i may be blind but im mixing up the metro2033 chart with starcraft one :)

mattlef September 12, 2010 09:10 PM

SLI seems to scale very well.
However, i don't think its enough to encourage me to drop a 460sli plan to save a bit of coin.

Great job as always sky!

geokilla September 12, 2010 09:19 PM

Great review SKY! I found an error on page 6 of the ASUS review.

Quote:

The basic look of the ASUS GTS 450 TOP should seem familiar since it uses the exact same DirectCu heatsink as the HD 5850 TOP we recently reviewed. It should also be mentioned straight off the bat that ASUS has completely tossed the reference NVIDIA design aside and has literally reengineered the GS 450 from the ground up.
Anyways, if I was to buy a GTS 450 out of the 3 reviews that I read/skimmed, it'd be the ASUS or Gigabyte. EVGA has disappointed me with no lifetime warranty and it's high price. If I wanted to go the cheapest route, I'd pick Gigabyte. However ASUS will allow for some pretty insane overclocks thanks to the ability to change the voltage. The other GTS 450 can't do that right?

Sagath September 12, 2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattlef (Post 428095)
SLI seems to scale very well.
However, i don't think its enough to encourage me to drop a 460sli plan to save a bit of coin.

Great job as always sky!

Agree. I'm still happy with my SLI 460 plan.

The folding power of these floors me! 9k once overclocked, and its only HALF a chip! HOW? Id like to know what optomizations they did to the core, jesus. If this is truely a modified 'half' of a g104 core...if they release a full 384 core edited g104 its going to blow the pants off everything on the market.