Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 11, 2010, 09:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

wait wait wait,

you had an MSI twinfrozr II, and you purchased an aftermarket upgrade?

... LOL, -that- was a silly "upgrade"

-did you screw in your screws harder yet?
Old September 11, 2010, 09:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
Unfortunately even with artic silver thermal paste my card idles at 56C and at load goes instantly to 83C
Can I take this to mean that you removed the paste that came with the twin turbo and added your own? Is it possible you added too much paste? There should be a fine film of paste, no more. You could always take the cooler off, take a picture of the TIM, then post it and we can tell you if you went overboard. The TIM is only supposed to act as a contact transfer, not as the contact itself. Too much can certainly cause issues.
Old September 11, 2010, 10:36 AM
MVP

My System Specs

you were all right it was a contact issue.. when i took off the thermal paste.. there was no contact between the metal and the GPU thank you all so much.. im posting pics later