Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2, 2010, 01:02 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Sadly I have had some serious issues re: EVGA Precision as of late(the last two versions.15/.16) and have resorted to using MSI's solution(afterburner?) on all my machines now. It's much more co-operative, and just as easy to use for anyone.
Real temp is a great choice btw.
Old September 2, 2010, 02:41 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

I'm confident in saying this is just another EVGA Precision issue. Uninstall it and use something like Afterburner for your custom fan profile. If that does the trick, you know what caused the issue in the first place. :)
Old September 2, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I'm confident in saying this is just another EVGA Precision issue.
Yes thier have been issues with some versions of Precision, but in a few years using it I've only seen / noted a couple that weren't "user-related"...

^^^ Certainly don't give up on Precision.... have been using it for a number of years now, since first release, the developer is actually the same developer as (c,mon guys help me out...the "full version",,can't remember the name now), anyhow he is always around on the Evga Forum.....and yes...some versions of Precision have been "wonky", BUT they are immediately noted by users on the Evga Community Forum, at which time a "fix" is made readily available.......you just have to do a tad bit more homework.......or switch to Afterburner.........

Old September 7, 2010, 08:30 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I have been running for a few days now and no problems. I have not reinstalled eLeet, but all indications seem to point to eLeet and Precision not playing well together for me. Odd though.

I may uninstall Precision and put MSI Afterburner back on though. I do like the fan profiles in MSI better, especially the grab and set blocks, so you can set the fan speed according to GPU temp.

I am relieved it appears to be software and not hardware related... software is so much more manageable :)
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop
Old September 7, 2010, 09:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

^^^ Glad to hear things are working fine for you now Dwayne.....my new toys shipped from NCIX today... ;) ......AX 1.2 kW and 980X ......it will be like XMas when I get home next week .. cheers!

btw ELeet is not playing well with many guys running Precision with the new 25X.XX Drivrs....seems htats the issue, however not on all Rigs (mine are fine), I'd recommend going with CPU-Z instead of ELeet