Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 26, 2010, 10:26 AM
Banned
F@H

probably because the card is too new for that one revision? although it did that with one of my older cards as well

everest is probably saying the same
Old August 26, 2010, 04:00 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

hmm, oh well, nothing seems to change anything. i might contact ASUS and see if anyone else has reported this issue. As stated before, there isnt much of a performance difference but I would still like to know why it would show that. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it, Cheers
Old August 26, 2010, 04:43 PM
Banned
F@H

no worries man. havent actually helped with anything :)

now, the mobo itself will 'downgrade' to 8x, but the card if i remember correctly shouldnt do any adjusting by itself, its just a fixed 'slave' i think.
Old August 26, 2010, 04:47 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

mhmm, well I sent a message to asus, see if anyone responds. and what they have to say :P
Old August 26, 2010, 05:25 PM
Hall Of Fame

FYI, the PCI-E interface data in CPU-Z is under the "motherboard" tab. It doesn't give much info, but it might not hurt to take a peek and see what it says.
Old August 26, 2010, 09:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer98 View Post
hey all, im a little worried, GPU-Z is showing Bus Interface PCI-E x16 @ x8

What does that mean, why is not not running at the full x16 lanes? any insight would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Could also be the graphic card. I have the same problem. HD 4870 running at 4x. At first I thought it was the motherboard, so i changed to another motherboard. The problem persists. I also tried reinstalling the drivers, still the same problem. I also tried flashing different versions of BIOSes including ones from other brands. If the graphic card is still new, you better RMA it as soon as possible.
Old August 27, 2010, 06:53 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Ok, so I should contact EVGA and explain the problem?

the only thing for me is I dont have any other components to test it with so I am not 100% sure it is the vid card. but I will send a message to evga and see what they say. Thanks !!
Old August 27, 2010, 10:32 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer98 View Post
Ok, so I should contact EVGA and explain the problem?

the only thing for me is I dont have any other components to test it with so I am not 100% sure it is the vid card. but I will send a message to evga and see what they say. Thanks !!
Where did you buy it from? Online or Local?
If you bought it locally, you could just bring it to the store and ask for an exchange or at least ask them for a check up.
Old August 27, 2010, 10:42 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom_jo View Post
Where did you buy it from? Online or Local?
If you bought it locally, you could just bring it to the store and ask for an exchange or at least ask them for a check up.
Best to check with EVGA first in case it's a software or BIOS configuration issue.
Old August 27, 2010, 10:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Best to check with EVGA first in case it's a software or BIOS configuration issue.
It is true that EVGA will try to help anyway they can. But, any reputable shop will exchange directly or at least try to help you fix it if the item has just been bought recently. Compared to conversing with EVGA's customer service trying to do every troubleshooting methods in the book. You also have to consider the duration of it will take to ship both ways.