Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 17, 2010, 07:22 PM
Rookie

Default Best video cards for U2711@ 2550x1440 resolution

I'd like to get forum member opinions on what they think is the best GPU(s) for driving the Dell U2711 at its native resolution of 2550x1440. Of course, I could drop down to the next lowest full screen resolution choice if need be for gaming purposes, I suppose. The high resolution might allow for less AA being needed, i.e., have your cake and eat it too?

I got a very good deal out of left field (with an extra two years of warranty, i.e., for a total of 5), so I decided to go for it. I hope that I haven't made a mistake. I just prefer IPS to TN, and this monitor has garnered top reviews, which it should given the price.

I'm a neutral party on Ati versus Nividia (single or CF or SLi), i.e., I have an open mind, but I'd welcome any comments. I just want the best solution without having to become a drug smuggle
r .

The CPU would either be an i7 930 or, possibly, a 960.

I've been planning to do my own but I might go pre-assembled at this point (I know that's practically heresy to this forum. Sorry. Newbe burnout perhaps?).

Thank you for your attention.