Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2010, 02:10 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Problem with 5870 crossfie and ie

I have a 5870 crossfire setup and have been having problems with it. I finally narrowed it down to internet explorer. Whenever I play any video content in internet explorer and then launch a game crossfire dose not work. Even if I close my browser and launch a game my frame rates are cut down to single card levels. GPUz says crossfire is enabled but the framerates drop until I reboot my system and then everything runs great as long as i dont use ie. I can use firefox and it doesnt affect it. Its very strange. Ive uninstalled my drivers, used driver sweeper and then reinstalled and still the same.
Old July 30, 2010, 02:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I dunno dude, but I'm impressed that you figured out the problem- that's pretty obscure.
Old July 30, 2010, 03:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Maybe try uninstalling / reinstalling your Web Browser.....if you can remember when it worked properly "rolling back" your OS to a previous date may work.....sorry I know very little about troubleshooting XF...

Old July 30, 2010, 03:58 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Maybe try uninstalling / reinstalling your Web Browser.....if you can remember when it worked properly "rolling back" your OS to a previous date may work.....sorry I know very little about troubleshooting XF...
I dont think its ever worked correctly with ie. I built the system 3 months ago. Just took me that long to figure out what was causing it.
Old July 30, 2010, 04:27 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

ok, ive been playing around with it more. It seems I can leave firefox on youtube with a video paused and crossfire works fine with games but if i leave it paused on ie or chrome then crossfire doesnt work. But as long as i dont have a video loaded on the page it works fine. Very weird.
Old July 30, 2010, 04:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Odd... I would have been inclined to say it was flash that is somehow causing the issue, except that you can use firefox with no problems. I'm with barbrosa on thi one; I'm impressed you've found the issue. Ah well... You shouldn't be using is anyway. ;)
Old July 30, 2010, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

flash issue, try rolling back to flash 10, not 10.1. I'm assuming it's a GPU acceleration issue with flash 10.1
Old July 31, 2010, 11:48 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Try This

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeggs View Post
ok, ive been playing around with it more. It seems I can leave firefox on youtube with a video paused and crossfire works fine with games but if i leave it paused on ie or chrome then crossfire doesnt work. But as long as i dont have a video loaded on the page it works fine. Very weird.
Hi blueeggs,
This post of yours jogged my memory and I just spent an hour scouring the net to find the post I read on the same issue. Trouble is I'm on so many forums, I lose track of where I find solutions. I do remember this type of issue and the root cause of the problem was 'Google Chrome'. Try uninstalling it and see if that doesn't fix the issue. Meanwhile I'm gonna keep lookin', damn I hate it when my memory goes on vacation without me!
Jakeman97
CoolerMaster 690 II // GA-890FXA-UD5 AM3 // Phenom ll X6 1055 Thuban 2.8GHz // Corsair HX 1000W // G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1333 // 2 XFX Radeon HD 5770 // 2 Sg 500GB SATA3 7200.12 // CoolerMaster V8 CPU Cooler // Vista Ultimate SP2 x64 // Acer 223W

Last edited by Jakeman97; July 31, 2010 at 12:25 PM.