Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26, 2010, 01:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

A little too expensive for my blood but it does make me wonder how would 2 of these stack up? Would it be cheap no, but I'm just wondering if money didn't matter at all would that be the best video card solution you could by? Like would Tri-SLI 480's beat it out or not? Quad 5870's? I'm just thinking of absolute best performance period.

I will give it to Asus for this card though, it certainly looks like it is built to last.

Old July 26, 2010, 02:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
A little too expensive for my blood but it does make me wonder how would 2 of these stack up? Would it be cheap no, but I'm just wondering if money didn't matter at all would that be the best video card solution you could by? Like would Tri-SLI 480's beat it out or not? Quad 5870's? I'm just thinking of absolute best performance period.

I will give it to Asus for this card though, it certainly looks like it is built to last.
You can Quad SLI GTX 480's and with them water cooled and overclocked to the max would be by far the fastest rig but you would probably need a stove outlet lol.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old July 26, 2010, 03:17 PM
Banned

Waste of money. For that price you'd be able to get TWO 5970s, or two 5870s/one 5970, OC and watercool everything.
Old July 26, 2010, 04:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
You can Quad SLI GTX 480's and with them water cooled and overclocked to the max would be by far the fastest rig but you would probably need a stove outlet lol.
Nah. Ask Kruzn

"KKC Black Widow" w/benchmarks
Old July 26, 2010, 04:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Are you guys going to sell this? LoL
Old July 27, 2010, 09:46 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I have a question for everyone.

When you take into account the amount of development that went into it as well as the high-end components (heatsink, better PLX chip, etc), what would you think is a fair price? Also take into account that this is quite exclusive.

$1000? $900?
Performance is the only thing that matters. Unless you're some sort of collector of rare graphics cards this is just a gigantic waste of time, money, and resources - for everyone involved.

When it comes to GPUs, buying something for form instead of function just makes you an idiot. I was pumped for this card when it was announced, but who gives a shit if it can't out-perform anything? It serves no purpose.
Old July 28, 2010, 12:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
More importantly it would probably be cheaper too, or near the same price. Although, scaling would be interesting at the point.
Old July 28, 2010, 08:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

2 x 480's = $1060 = performance through the roof.......now I'm going to check out the Review and see how this Card stacks up to it...

Old July 28, 2010, 09:06 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I can save you the time, the 480s beat it.
Old July 28, 2010, 09:16 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Impressed with the "build quality" and thermals.....performance "meh"....seeing as how I play 1920 x 1200 Full AF/AA.......!