Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 17, 2010, 11:26 AM
Rookie

Default Video Cards on NCIX

Hello there!

I'm not too familiar with ncix but i saw a good deal on a 5770 after the mail-in rebate
Save $25.00USD with manufacturer's mail-in rebate!
Valid from Jul 01, 2010 to Jul 31, 2010. Limit 1 rebate(s) per customer. Other conditions may apply.

Does that mean i need to receive the card and mail my mail in rebate really quick so the company receives it before july 31st? Or does it mean I need proof the GPU was bought before july 31st?

Thanks
Old July 17, 2010, 11:34 AM
MVP
F@H

Prove that it was bought before the 31st, then there's usually a date that you have to mail all the forms by, so you should probably mail it out as soon as you receive the card.
Old July 17, 2010, 12:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There's usually something in the fine print that states when your letter has to be postmarked by. It's usually a few days after the deadline to account for delays in the postal service.
Old July 17, 2010, 01:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It means that you need a proof that you bought the card before then. You will need a copy of the receipt to prove it. You will have a week or 2 to send it, but I suggest you do it asap.

As for NCIX, its a reliable store, I have bought many times from them and have been more than happy with it.
Old July 17, 2010, 01:12 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the quick replies, i believe the deal is pretty good!

139.99 after the mail in rebate for an Asus 5770

My only dilemme is whether to buy now or wait til late august... I don't know if a will find another such deal til then
Old July 17, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ATI confirmed their next refresh sometime before xmas this year, if the 5770 isn't the "perfect" video card for you right now, you could wait.

Just remember, there's always something new around the corner, so you can't always be waiting or you'll never get what you want.

On a side note I've seen a 512mb version of the 5770 from Powercolour go as low as $125 after MIR and the 1gb version $140 after MIR, (both on more than one occasion so this isn't exactly the deal of a lifetime.
Old July 17, 2010, 01:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
ATI confirmed their next refresh sometime before xmas this year, if the 5770 isn't the "perfect" video card for you right now, you could wait.

Just remember, there's always something new around the corner, so you can't always be waiting or you'll never get what you want.

On a side note I've seen a 512mb version of the 5770 from Powercolour go as low as $125 after MIR and the 1gb version $140 after MIR, (both on more than one occasion so this isn't exactly the deal of a lifetime.
I will not wait indefinitly for something newer :P The thing is i sold my computer yesterday(using laptop rite now) and am willing to wait until late august to get my new build. But if you think it's not such a great deal, i might wait and see if there'll be a price drop before the end of august!