Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 8, 2010, 03:22 PM
Top Prospect

Default Registering with XFX for Lifetime warrenty?

I got a new 5770 from XFX... how do I register it so that I can get a lifetime warrenty?
Old July 8, 2010, 03:38 PM
Banned
F@H

Login
Old July 8, 2010, 04:58 PM
Top Prospect

Thanks! I owe you one haha.
Old July 11, 2010, 05:40 AM
Banned

Boycott XFX ATI cards...

Edit: let me explain. Went to newegg to read reviews on the supposed reference pcb-design card, the XFX HD-577A-ZNFC. Apparently, XFX shifted to a non-reference design pcb for this card. This was the only version they had that was based on the ATI reference pcb design. I think it can do the voltage adjustment but it's inferior hardware by many accounts.

Also, they did the switch without any announcement or identification. It LOOKS like the original cards since it has the same shroud which many people use to identifiy the differences. But, if you turn the card around and look at the back, there will be only one crossfire connector. The hardware itself is also different. Not sure if you can do the voltage adjustment but some ppl are saying you can. My complaint is that XFX cheapened out with the change of the card so you have no choice.

YMMV and you might not think this is a big deal. I think it is so unless warranty is your absolute and overwhelming priority, I would skip this brand.

Make sure you register for the warranty immediately, though. 'Might as well get the one main benefit of that brand.

Last edited by technix; July 11, 2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old July 11, 2010, 08:36 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix View Post
Boycott XFX ATI cards...

Edit: let me explain. Went to newegg to read reviews on the supposed reference pcb-design card, the XFX HD-577A-ZNFC. Apparently, XFX shifted to a non-reference design pcb for this card. This was the only version they had that was based on the ATI reference pcb design. I think it can do the voltage adjustment but it's inferior hardware by many accounts.

Also, they did the switch without any announcement or identification. It LOOKS like the original cards since it has the same shroud which many people use to identifiy the differences. But, if you turn the card around and look at the back, there will be only one crossfire connector. The hardware itself is also different. Not sure if you can do the voltage adjustment but some ppl are saying you can. My complaint is that XFX cheapened out with the change of the card so you have no choice.

YMMV and you might not think this is a big deal. I think it is so unless warranty is your absolute and overwhelming priority, I would skip this brand.

Make sure you register for the warranty immediately, though. 'Might as well get the one main benefit of that brand.
Sorry I have to laugh. But boycott a brand because they switched to a non-reference design w/o telling anyone? I don't know about anyone else but I would most definitely want double lifetime warranty over a reference board.
Old July 11, 2010, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Sorry I have to laugh. But boycott a brand because they switched to a non-reference design w/o telling anyone? I don't know about anyone else but I would most definitely want double lifetime warranty over a reference board.
You didn't read of the reports that the hardware is said to be inferior so that means (if true), they skimped out on the hardware quality as well.

I just googled on it and there seems to be a lot of disgruntled buyers of the card.

It will just keep happening if people keep buying the cards.

There's also reports of the warranty experience being poor as well.

Also, I said YMMV... so, you may have no issue with it (and said so).
Old July 11, 2010, 09:10 AM
Banned
F@H

hmm... i sincerely hope xfx dont ruin their reputation. especially since brother sky says they cooked their relationship with nv :)
Old July 11, 2010, 09:22 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Boycott XFX ATI cards...

NO. Boycott Newegg, because THEY are the ones who DON'T tell the customers the product version changed....
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)
Old July 11, 2010, 10:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Sorry, but the "XFX" experience has been great for me.

They answer their PM's within 2 days. I asked for some HDMI adapters and they gave them to me free of charge. The only thing i don't like about them is that they don't have telephone support.

-Plato
Old July 11, 2010, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delavan View Post
NO. Boycott Newegg, because THEY are the ones who DON'T tell the customers the product version changed....
Newegg? Why? Oh, you're being sarcastic...