Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 11, 2010, 08:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007 View Post
Of those cards definitely go for the 5770.

Even with the stock antec 300 cooling you won't have any trouble at all with a 5770 exhausting in the case (they don't put out that much heat and you would already have a 120mm and 140mm case fan,which is more than some people run). That being said if you grab an intake fan or 2 it will be that much better.

All reference cards are identical except for the stickers, warranty and bundled accessories, so just go for whatever is the best for you (or is available) if you decide to stick with reference.
Thanks, that's good to know. I have two fans already, but one is for the cpu. I might need 1 more. Might go with a Gelid.
Old July 11, 2010, 04:10 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix View Post
Which company/brand has the best 'reference pcb design' 5770 cards?
If a card uses the reference design that means it is identical to all other cards that use the reference design. So the answer to your question would be all of them, since all reference design cards are the same and therefore equally good.
Old July 11, 2010, 05:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
If a card uses the reference design that means it is identical to all other cards that use the reference design. So the answer to your question would be all of them, since all reference design cards are the same and therefore equally good.
Ah... that makes sense, sir! :) Perhaps, a better question is which company has the better rep for QC. I guess there isn't anyone way above the others. I'm looking at Sapphire, ATI (NCIX has one listed with 'ATI' as the brand) and Diamond. I think they're all around the same price. I don't have a preference but the warranty terms aren't great. I guess XFX and EVGA are good for those (and maybe PNY). The latter two are strictly Nvidia brands?

Well, I guess I would cross my fingers and hope it doesn't die. If I'm not satisfied with ATI, those cards are probably popular enough for a likely resell?
Old July 12, 2010, 04:58 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by technix View Post
Ah... that makes sense, sir! :) Perhaps, a better question is which company has the better rep for QC. I guess there isn't anyone way above the others. I'm looking at Sapphire, ATI (NCIX has one listed with 'ATI' as the brand) and Diamond. I think they're all around the same price. I don't have a preference but the warranty terms aren't great. I guess XFX and EVGA are good for those (and maybe PNY). The latter two are strictly Nvidia brands?

Well, I guess I would cross my fingers and hope it doesn't die. If I'm not satisfied with ATI, those cards are probably popular enough for a likely resell?

From what I understand (and someone, do correct me if I am wrong) I believe Sapphire was the first company outsourced to to make non-ATI brand card so they've been in the game a long time and have a good reputation from what I hear.

XFX people are gong-show about because of their transferable life-time warranty, but their nearly impossible to find now.

I've heard good things about EVGA as well. You might want to consider Asus as well, they have a good warranty and RMA's are painfree as well.
Old July 12, 2010, 05:59 AM
Banned
F@H

they actually make ati cards from the beginning, more than ati themselves. besides pcb color perhaps and a sticker, there was no difference between them(besides price,warranty)