Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27, 2010, 08:41 AM
Rookie

thanks agian

My view is, that if i go with the ATI radeon HD 5970 2gb, i think it will not break / burn, unless i OC it.
So i am not really afraid, that it should crash, or should i be?
I dont know if there is any rumours about ATI radeon HD 5970 2gb that it gets destroyed easily, without having in OC'ed.

I hope the card can atleast hold 3 years of gaming.
Old June 27, 2010, 08:44 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Id get the XFX. No hassles and easy to deal with IF the card dies. If / when you go to sell it and upgrade to the next greatest, it will also be worth more as the buyer will ALSO get lifetime warranty. XFX's Double lifetime warranty is great.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 27, 2010, 08:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Honestly, most hardware these days **could** last more than 10 years, but the "useful" ie: gaming life is probably only 3 years. Video cards are pretty hard to break unless you overvolt it (give it too much energy, hence self destruction) or do something stupid to it.

-Plato
Old June 27, 2010, 11:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile Video Cards

+1 for XFX With the dbl lifetime warranty. Any issues other than outright abuse is covered. Peace of mind is important to me. As AkG said, the value holds with a product that transfers the warranty to the 2nd owner. I have the XFX 5970 HD Black and love it. I simply go for life time warranty from a reputable company like XFX every time. Remember also that even though it's a dual card, it still fits as a single dual slot card would and spanks the 480.
Old June 27, 2010, 10:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Agreed on the XFX. It will perform slightly better out of the box as it's been pre-overclocked by XFX. Plus, the warranty on XFX is incredible.