Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15, 2010, 11:21 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default EVGA Geforce GTX 470 SC+ ?

Hi all.

I've recently been looking at the GTX 470 and have a few questions from owners of the 3 different variations that EVGA puts out.

I'm primarily interested in the SC+ edition and would like to know from owners if the included meshed backplate and High flow bracket make any real difference or is it mostly window dressing. Also I'd like to know what that backplate is made from? Is it that hardened plastic or is it some heat conductive metal (doubtful but I gotta ask). Also if anyone would like to comment on thier experiences moding this card. From taking it apart (ease) to strapping fans on the HS ghetto style or even any experience users have had with aftermarket cooling solutions. I will be volt modding and OC'ing this so any input along these lines would also be appreciated.

Name:  012-P3-1475-AR_LG_6.jpg
Views: 2132
Size:  39.2 KBName:  012-P3-1475-AR_LG_7.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  101.9 KB

Tia.
Old June 15, 2010, 11:24 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Our review will be up next week. I have been doing long-term testing and the combination of backplate + revised bracket DOES make a difference.
Old June 15, 2010, 11:29 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysrun View Post
Also I'd like to know what that backplate is made from? Is it that hardened plastic or is it some heat conductive metal (doubtful but I gotta ask).
Aluminum. It would be pretty silly to stick a piece of plastic on the back.
Old June 15, 2010, 11:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

That's great news SKY I'm eager to read through your review and I'm equally looking forward to when you put that honey up in the Review unit sales thread. *cough dibs

And as for the Backplate Zero if you say it's metal then I'll take you at your word but fancy backplates made of hardened plastic have been done b4 as I'm an owner of two myself.

Recent sales have brought this SC+ down to $404 CAD and that's the exact price of the regular SC so the extra Aluminum BP and bracket are gravy which is nice.

Last edited by Alwaysrun; June 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old June 15, 2010, 05:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The 200 series back plates where all metal from EVGA so the same will be with the 400 series.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."