Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9, 2007, 04:34 PM
Top Prospect

UPS and FedEx charge brokerage fees when shipping cross border. They will try to say that it is government charged but it isn't. It's a fee generated by them to take more of your money. Good Luck.
Old December 9, 2007, 07:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the replies guys.

I actually ended up cancelling the Ultra and went for the straight up GTX (saved myself $100 and also didn't have to wait for the backorder)

I am still having a little trouble with ocing the GTX above 625/1000

First of all, the only program that oc's and actually sticks is nTune, second, I've heard of way better overclocks on this card than that...

Anyway...any tips would be great...
Old December 9, 2007, 07:43 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Have you tried rivatuner? RivaTuner. And oc'ing is always the luck of the draw.
Old December 9, 2007, 07:48 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitikiro View Post
I think EVGA has changed their policies regarding the fee on their RMA returns.

EVGA will cover all return shipping back to the customer for the RMA replacement with free ground shipping through UPS in the United States and free FedEX Ground shipping to Canadian Customers.*
EVGA | EVGA Limited Lifetime Warranty
im stuck in a RMA with EVGA and no later then dec 4th they charge me 45$ to get my RMA proceed because i AM CANADIAN.

that policies its what they wrote on their website but its for US and not us Canadian customer

im seriusly recommending to all canadian customer to AVOID Evga for nvidia base video card

DFI LP nF4 Ultra-D / AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.7Ghz/ 2*1GB OCZ Gold GX XTC / Sapphire X1950XT / Fortron 450W PSU / 2*Maxtor 80Gb

Old December 9, 2007, 10:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
Have you tried rivatuner? RivaTuner. And oc'ing is always the luck of the draw.
As 3.0charlie says....use Rivatuner. nTune is a great looking program, but that is about all it is for me. It never really worked on my rigs.

Try not to use the overclocking functions in nTune, because you'll probably get a lot of reboots...LOL...just like I did.

OC your CPU in your BIOS and GPU with Rivatuner! If you have any questions...feel free to ask!

Happy Holidays!
Old December 10, 2007, 12:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

Haha, don't use nTune. I personally found it messed things up and I couldn't get stable clocks worth crap so I switched over to Rivatuner. It's a great program, overclock your card and while your at it, set profiles for the fan on the card so it changes depending on how hot it gets
Old December 10, 2007, 04:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Oh no! I don't use nTune for ocing the CPU!

The Maximus Formula has an awesome BIOS for overclocking.

I have tried RivaTuner, ATITool and only nTune seems to work for the GPU!

I have had problems with nTune in the past, but it is the only program that I could get to work on my GPU.

Anyway, looks like the newest version of RivaTuner will work on Vista 64... let's see if it works on my card!
Old December 10, 2007, 08:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Man, for the fun of it, I'd bin the G92 for a pair or more of those 3870s!
Old December 10, 2007, 10:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon View Post
Man, for the fun of it, I'd bin the G92 for a pair or more of those 3870s!
Well... we'll see what EVGA has to offer in the next couple of months. My step-up expires on about February 20th, so I should be able to get something if they release the new cards on time...

As for going for a pair of 3870's, I was sorely tempted, but the dual GPU configs tend to have a lot of issues...

Anyway, who knows? Maybe after stepping up my 8800, if there's something overwhelming available from ATI for Crossfire, I'll sell the new EVGA card and make the switch...
Old December 11, 2007, 12:26 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
Thanks for the replies guys.

I actually ended up cancelling the Ultra and went for the straight up GTX (saved myself $100 and also didn't have to wait for the backorder)

I am still having a little trouble with ocing the GTX above 625/1000

First of all, the only program that oc's and actually sticks is nTune, second, I've heard of way better overclocks on this card than that...

Anyway...any tips would be great...
good choice, looks like the GTX (bah well ultra, by a tiny bit) is still the top dog even with the new GTS out (unless you run on a monitor smaller than the card itself :P ). I am also stuck overclocking at 623/1006 (it overclocks the core in chunks, thats why when you try going higher it becomes unstable. . . its going up by like 16mhz chunks), and i think the only option is getting an aftermarket cooler.

WARNING, stay away from the thermaltake duorb. . . it seems like it cant handle ultras or gtx's under load. my idle temps dropped by about 8 degrees, but under load when playing crysis, it goes to nearly 100. . . i made sure it was making proper contact with the core and all, it seems like this problem isnt exclusive to me. I think im going to get that thermalright HR-03 plus http://www.pcper.com/images/reviews/381/1-HR03plus.jpg , it was meant just for the GTX and ultra, so i think its a safe bet, and the cooler temperatures should allow me to up the speed a bit. Right now im running that gpu stress test (real time hdr ibl, the one with all the balls orbiting eachother) and my temperature is at 84. . . seeing as how the duorbs fans are at 100% all the time, the MAX the stock cooler reached under load was 80, and its not even fullscreen so fullscreen would probably up it by a few degrees

Edit: i just realized that i wasnt running at overclocked speeds, it seems that bumping it up from 600/900 to 624/1006 makes it run at 91 degrees. . . im scared to even play games now, for the first time yesterday my computer crashed, unintentionally (lots of crashing from overclocking attempts, but never from overheating). . . QQ

Last edited by raoul; December 11, 2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: update