Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31, 2010, 06:11 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^^^ I "think" Dang was using a term called Sarcasm....not to be confused with being Facetious ;)
It's hard enough to understand what he's saying in the first place without even thinking about any subtext he attempts to put in his posts.
Old May 31, 2010, 06:12 PM
Banned
F@H

a while back i had a little chat with a chap who was supervising what goes where,ok hes not the big guy but still, and he was mentioning what they can do on 'low' end psu's for cheap 500 bucks or that area puters..

dont ask how, but ive seen some of them run 8800/9800 cards with ease lol. those things are built like tanks, and are probably underexagerating there specs.
Old May 31, 2010, 06:17 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
It's hard enough to understand what he's saying in the first place without even thinking about any subtext he attempts to put in his posts.
Dude lets all calm down and back away.
Otherwise dan or me or someone else will say the same thing about you....as the amount of pretentiousness that oozes from your posts is almost palpable yet no one minds as it takes all kinds.... even those who thinks he is always the smartest one in a "room' and talks to others like they are idiots....So please lets not go down this road. Um kay?

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 31, 2010, 06:35 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Dude lets all calm down and back away.
Otherwise dan or me or someone else will say the same thing about you....as the amount of pretentiousness that oozes from your posts is almost palpable yet no one minds as it takes all kinds.... even those who thinks he is always the smartest one in a "room' and talks to others like they are idiots....So please lets not go down this road. Um kay?
There are so many ways I could respond to that comment, but no, let's not go down that road.
Old May 31, 2010, 07:15 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
xfx or bfg?
EVGA. Gives me all sorts of sweet purple dots when I play BC2
Old May 31, 2010, 07:19 PM
Banned
F@H

ouch. so i guesstimate you have regged it for lifetime? they may send you one of these indeed. and one may attempt the gtx 470 unlock with some risks as well :)
Old May 31, 2010, 07:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thought I saw something about the "purple dots" and 470's over at Evga Forums.....bummer....oh well, last time I did a Step-up: to Brea California from the Wet Coast it didn't take too long at all.....
Old May 31, 2010, 07:27 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Purple dots are a pretty common sign of artifacting in general.
Old May 31, 2010, 07:29 PM
MVP
F@H

Yeah, it's not so bad really, I just like to pretend that my soldier is tripping out while being shot at or something.

Livetime reg ftw. In 3 years if Nvidia does something cool I can RMA then :-p
Old May 31, 2010, 09:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Slightly off-topic but pretty interesting: How to transform GTX465 into GTX470.
It looks like it's applicable only for this first wave of GTX 465 and with reference design.