Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22, 2010, 04:25 PM
Allstar

Default WOW XFX Your Guys SUCK

Long Story Short

My XFX 285 BE Popped' So i RMAed it.

First it took them a little over a month to tell me"we dont have those in Stock"

So i asked Whats the upgrade card then...

First they tell me thier sending me a 5850 BE.

I got a Ref 5850.

WHat ever, Water under the bridge.

Yesterday I got a Bill from Fedex, XFX Wants me to Pay the shipping on the card they sent to me aswell.

After dealing with 3 or 4 for of thier RMA guys on the phone, I understand the screw-ups.

Ive never had a issue with XFX before this, But if this is whats in store for us all, Im more sad about BFG dropping out oof the race, And being stuck dealing with this DICKFILL company.
Old May 22, 2010, 04:41 PM
MVP

What is a typical RMA process anyway? I have never had to do it, but I thought that you pay to ship the broken one back, and then they ship you the fixed one for free, and possibly reimburse you for the original shipping if it turns out that the card was legitimately defective. If the card was fine, then I believe you pay shipping both ways.

Am I correct?
Old May 22, 2010, 05:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Take a look at the XFX warranty. If you don't find shipping is at user expense both way or anything they HAVE ( by law ) to pay for the shipping. But the only company that I know that do it is MSI for their 3 years warranty ( the last years is only part no labor and no shipping. ) I'll take a look on my side and give you some news later.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 22, 2010, 05:13 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Most I have done, they want pictures and/or a description of what's wrong. If they think it's good for RMA they give you a shipping account number, you ship it back at their expense, they fix it or replace it, and send it back. Sometimes you do have to pay for the shipping to them though.
Old May 22, 2010, 05:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok here are the update. This is from the XFX site in the warranty info section. Valid for USA and CANADA

XFXs liability under the Double Lifetime Protection is limited to the repair, or, at XFXs discretion, the replacement of the portion(s) of the Product that are found to be defective in material or workmanship. XFX reserves the right to claim shipping fees as well as a service charge** for any incomplete or modified product that is returned and that requires repair or replacement, or when the Owner is not entitled to any coverage under the XFX Double Lifetime Protection.

They can charge you these fee the question is why are they doing it. Personally I think the XFX service suck because people always have problem like that or they get a downgrade after the RMA. They seems just not to stand behind their double life time warranty. That's probably why they are always a bit cheaper...

Keep us up to date on what happening!

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 22, 2010, 05:23 PM
Allstar

Ive always Paid Shipping to the company, Ive never been stuck paying the bill both ways.
Old May 22, 2010, 05:30 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Well...it's not so bad. A 5850 is a nice upgrade from the GTX285. How much is the shipping?
Old May 22, 2010, 05:49 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I was trying to refrain myself for posting but I need to let go all the anger I have inside so hang in there :P

I recently purchased a 5870 with display port from NCIX. The card arrived, installed it and the PC boots fine. However upon installing the drivers and playing games the card was causing my system to crash. Not to desktop... not momentarily... up to the point where the only choice was to reboot the PC manually to get it back running again. First I figured there were driver problems, so I did every step out there to get this running smoothly, that clearly was not the problem. Later I increased the voltage on my memory thinking it needed abit more to run stable with the card... again this wasn't the problem. Then I try and install Uniengine Heaven 2.0 and run a quick benchmark...system crashes again. After 2 weeks of tickets with XFX they tell me to RMA the card. So turns out, now I have to pay for shipping charges to XFX... all the fricking way from Canada which was $35. From reading your post I expect another charge when they ship it back... so now I'm looking at paying over $500 bucks for a card that's $400 at best. Seriously....what the hell?

Now if they send me the card back, or another replacement and for some reason it still does not work you are telling me I have to repeat the process again? This needs to stop somehow, it's ridiculous.

/end of rant
Old May 22, 2010, 06:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hope your RMA will go good MrDiaz. To pay to go to the manufacturer is normal but you would never have to pay to get it back IMO. At least. EVGA still have a good lifetime warranty! but no ATI card :(

Martin_metal_88

Old May 22, 2010, 07:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Your "story" seems one sided.

Try telling the "whole" story.