Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24, 2010, 10:24 AM
Banned
F@H

yes, no commercial value/rma/etc no fees, usually.
Old May 24, 2010, 10:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just got a real response from XFX after a week of COPY+PASTE replies. I tell them my GPU core temps are never above 56 degrees Celsius and they give me a standardized CHECK YOUR TEMPS answer.
So they tell me my card was registered too late for the double lifetime warranty. Ok so maybe I was like a week late, but most good companies are pretty lenient with that.

After all the horror stories I've been hearing about XFX, it makes me think they're on their last legs and going the path of BFG. They already skipped the GTX 470/480. Not to mention I hate how they cheap out so badly on their card revisions. My 8600GT was slightly warped from the weight of the stock cooler after a year's use. The 5xxx series revisions from XFX don't have any of the power management features on the reference designs as well.

I'm sticking with EVGA and trying ZOTAC now.
Old May 24, 2010, 10:49 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
Errr... it's a honking huge tv...

I'd rather have double lifetime warranty coz i can sell it at a a higher price later on.
My point is if the warranty was less the company could probably offer better coverage, no point in having a long warranty if you get bad service IMO. And your right it was a large TV, but with less warranty the company was able to offer full coverage, a video card been smaller and cheaper to ship should not affect the warranty as much.
And you just made my point, in saying you can get a higher price for the card late on your saying that was a selling point and as such was one of the factors for your decision in buying the card, now if said company is bad at servicing the warranty (not saying XFX) or it will cost the customer what do you think happens to your higher resale value? Any one in the know will not offer you extra for the card.
Old May 24, 2010, 11:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You prey on the (un)suspected: )

EDITED

-Plato

Last edited by jcmaz; May 24, 2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old May 24, 2010, 11:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

All you guys hating on XFX because of all the bad things you hear. Come on guys, rarely do you hear something good about a company. As people say, people won't remember you for the good things that you do. They only remember the bad things.
Old May 24, 2010, 11:15 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Another fact here is why so many people do RMA in US from canada with XFX and why only FEW of them have to pay the brokerage fee? I have done few RMA with the from canada to US and I never pay these fee. 2 of these RMA have been a pain but that's not the topic. So, their warranty is volatil and have no real rule because you can pick the lucky number and get it for free? For me that's the biggest question. I also does a RMA to EVGA ( california ) on monday past and the card come back ( within a week wow ) with no fee. Don't want to start a fight here guys but there is some issue with XFX servive or warranty rules that they should fix. It's simply incorrect to give different service to different user using the same warranty.
If the company uses USPS, it might get by Canada customs and you won't pay GST or brokerage fees on it. If you are lucky, you won't pay. I pay customs on about 40% of the stuff shipped by USPS.

If the company uses Fedex and declares the value of your replacement as under $20 CDN, then you won't get charged fees. Anything over $20 shipped by Fedex ground is charged by Fedex for GST and brokerage fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
I just got a real response from XFX after a week of COPY+PASTE replies. I tell them my GPU core temps are never above 56 degrees Celsius and they give me a standardized CHECK YOUR TEMPS answer.
So they tell me my card was registered too late for the double lifetime warranty. Ok so maybe I was like a week late, but most good companies are pretty lenient with that.

After all the horror stories I've been hearing about XFX, it makes me think they're on their last legs and going the path of BFG. They already skipped the GTX 470/480. Not to mention I hate how they cheap out so badly on their card revisions. My 8600GT was slightly warped from the weight of the stock cooler after a year's use. The 5xxx series revisions from XFX don't have any of the power management features on the reference designs as well.

I'm sticking with EVGA and trying ZOTAC now.
If you registered late with EVGA by a week, I doubt they will honour their lifetime warranty. Companies have to draw the line somewhere.

Quote:
All EVGA Products purchased ON or AFTER November 1, 2006 MUST be registered within 30 days from ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE to receive our limited lifetime warranty. (All products not registered within 30 days will ONLY receive a 1 year limited warranty.)
Old May 24, 2010, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post
If the company uses USPS, it might get by Canada customs and you won't pay GST or brokerage fees on it. If you are lucky, you won't pay. I pay customs on about 40% of the stuff shipped by USPS.

If the company uses Fedex and declares the value of your replacement as under $20 CDN, then you won't get charged fees. Anything over $20 shipped by Fedex ground is charged by Fedex for GST and brokerage fees.

If you registered late with EVGA by a week, I doubt they will honour their lifetime warranty. Companies have to draw the line somewhere.

Have you ever done a RMA with mushkin? They are in US and even if you send 500$ of memory the shipping will be free. They even give me a free both way shipping becasue my RMA was defect. That's a service a will remember and concider when buying new memory.

As for EVGA, they do warranty card even if they are not registered and BFG was doing the same. Their service is pretty open to help you.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 24, 2010, 11:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Only for the first year tho...

-Plato
Old May 24, 2010, 12:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
Only for the first year tho...
No.. I am working with EVGA every day at job and trust me they do their warranty over a year even if the card isn't registered.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 24, 2010, 01:42 PM
Banned
F@H

thats good to know. basically dont pss off the lil guy, else hell buy a zotac!