Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24, 2010, 05:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post
So I take it you bin GPUs for XFX or your work for XFX or it was an Engineer Sample? How the hell does one RMA a ES card?
He probably just bought the card in pre-order. The 200 series was pretty expensive in pre-order. We saw GTX295 up to 1000$$.

WOWOWOW 2000 post!!!!! WRIIIIIIIII:canadianwa ve:

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 24, 2010, 06:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
He probably just bought the card in pre-order. The 200 series was pretty expensive in pre-order. We saw GTX295 up to 1000$$.

WOWOWOW 2000 post!!!!! WRIIIIIIIII:canadianwa ve:
Well, keep in mind martin, the gtx 280 was launch on June 16,2008. And on January 2009 it had a refresh, from 65nm to 55nm. I doubt all the people that already own the gtx 280 would be picking up a 55nm variant right off the bat. Just like so many people that kept there 8800gt/gts 512mb instead of upgrading to the new 9800gt/9800gtx.

And Nice man, 2 thousand posts.
Old May 24, 2010, 06:30 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I can't believe no else has said that the Fedex bill is from FEDEX and not XFX. The charge is not through XFX. Anyone who has ordered from the US knows that there are fees when crossing the border through Fedex ground shipping for orders over $20.

Also anyone who has shipped a video card knows that it will cost more than the $9.96 charge.

I had to pay around $20 to Fedex when I RMA'd my motherboard so I don't know what the problem is here.
Old May 24, 2010, 06:33 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Problem is these things need to change, when we pay a large sum of money for a product the manufacturer should cover any related charges that might occur if the product they sold is defective. Is not my fault that they are selling a faulty unit, that's their business. Why am I being force to pay shipping charges to get the product to them? Is not fair
Old May 24, 2010, 06:49 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Why should they pay your custom taxes, ie GST? It's not their business to pay your GST on the goods that you import. This is charged by Fedex by the way and not XFX.
Old May 24, 2010, 07:58 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post
I can't believe no else has said that the Fedex bill is from FEDEX and not XFX. The charge is not through XFX. Anyone who has ordered from the US knows that there are fees when crossing the border through Fedex ground shipping for orders over $20.

Also anyone who has shipped a video card knows that it will cost more than the $9.96 charge.

I had to pay around $20 to Fedex when I RMA'd my motherboard so I don't know what the problem is here.
Exactly. It is brokerage fees. Unless the company ships the card back w/ no insurance and ship it w/ a value of $0, you are going to pay brokerage/taxes. I've had plenty of RMA's that I have had to do so.
Old May 24, 2010, 08:41 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

If itís in the warranty then youíll have to live with it. But in my opinion if a company truly cares about its customers there should be no cost to fix a product in the warranty period, if a company decides to give a warranty (however long) it should stand by it since it is a selling point.

Now when a company gives a warranty it is a selling point and as such it should be all inclusive, stop giving a double life time warranty or life time for that matter if itís going to cost the costumer, instead give a reasonable warranty which they can cover fully including shipping.

Case in point I got an Acer LCD TV a few years back (1 year warranty) it was $1300 at the time, just 1 month before the warranty was up I started to get coloured lines at the top of the screen so I got an RMA, they sent a tech who said I needed a replacement. They sent a replacement and picked up the old one at their cost. Funny thing is the replacement did the same thing (I think they had problems with that model?), anyway I got back on the phone and got the rep assigned to my case who suggested not to get another replacement but a refund, so again they paid shipping to pick up the replacement and sent me a cheque for the full amount that I had paid almost a year before.
Now I know the warranty was only 1 year but I knew that going in and most other LCD TV at that time was the same, and is was all inclusive. By the way the both TVís were shipped to Mississauga warehouse then to California.
Now because of this if Acer keeps things the same they will have my loyalty as a customer, and I will also recommend them to others.
Old May 24, 2010, 08:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Errr... it's a honking huge tv...

I'd rather have double lifetime warranty coz i can sell it at a a higher price later on.

-Plato
Old May 24, 2010, 10:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Another fact here is why so many people do RMA in US from canada with XFX and why only FEW of them have to pay the brokerage fee? I have done few RMA with the from canada to US and I never pay these fee. 2 of these RMA have been a pain but that's not the topic. So, their warranty is volatil and have no real rule because you can pick the lucky number and get it for free? For me that's the biggest question. I also does a RMA to EVGA ( california ) on monday past and the card come back ( within a week wow ) with no fee. Don't want to start a fight here guys but there is some issue with XFX servive or warranty rules that they should fix. It's simply incorrect to give different service to different user using the same warranty.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 24, 2010, 10:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's probably a screwup on XFX's part. Other companies don't get you the brokerage fee 100% of the time because they label it as RMA replacement. (which in my experience never get charged for anything)