Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 23, 2010, 04:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
I did regester my Card... So I have know idea what Gives. Ill call on tuesday, Its not even the money, Its the point.
What point? Yours was made crystal clear that XFX sucks.

So how much was the fedex bill?
Old May 23, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Darn, all the graphics cards that i bought are all XFX

EDIT: I did receive some free adapters from XFX for free...

-Plato

Last edited by jcmaz; May 23, 2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old May 23, 2010, 05:22 PM
Rookie

Yeah you have to register if you don't in the warranty terms they do not give you a life time. When I got my x58 evga 3way sli classified had it for 3 weeks before reading the warranty terms. I almost lost my lifetime warranty because I didn't register. When I got my XFX 5970 BE I did it right away, I guess that is how they can screw a few people out of service. I think you got a douche though, one of those 'under appreciated' and 'under paid' guys who take out there anger one a person who spends their hard earned money. People like this disgust me, this shit doesn't know how hard you worked for the card and probably doesn't care. I would take this issue to higher management make it an issue of customer service. Worked with me and Sony they ended up fixing my console for free after it was opened by me. All because some ignorant tool who hates his life thought he was right. It took me to the person who gives you the final answer, what she says is law at that point. Yeah but your right fight it this may sound entitled customer, but you are their greatest resource what is a company without it's customers. So it pisses me off when companies do shit like this and people(in general) say you go the entitled customer route you got whats coming to you.

Last edited by thatguy7; May 23, 2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old May 23, 2010, 07:08 PM
Allstar

its 9.96 From Fedex...

LOL like i said its not the Money.

I paid 690$ for my XFX 285 BE...
I should have free shipping both ways for F-sakes
Old May 23, 2010, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
its 9.96 From Fedex...

I am SHURE you did.

And here is what nvidia said.

Quote:
MEDIA ALERT:
What
: NVIDIA today launched two new graphics solutions for the enthusiast gamer, the GeForce GTX 295 and the GeForce GTX 285.
The GeForce GTX 295 is the world’s fastest dual GPU solution. Featuring the power of two NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 200 GPUs on a single card, the GeForce GTX 295 delivers unrivaled graphics performance in the hottest games including Far Cry 2, Mirror’s Edge, and Call of Duty 5: World at War.
The GeForce GTX 285 is the world’s most powerful single GPU, delivering 30% faster performance than competing single GPU solutions, and tearing through complex DirectX 10 environments at blazing frame rates in extreme HD resolutions.
Designed with NVIDIA CUDA technology, both the GTX 295 and GTX 285 not only provide a world-class gaming experience, but they also deliver Graphics Plus™ capabilities not found on competing solutions. Only with NVIDIA GPUs can you experience jaw-dropping NVIDIA® PhysX™ gaming effects, stereoscopic 3D, and lightning fast video and image processing all accelerated by the GeForce GPU.
Whether it’s experiencing a new world of realistic physical motion and massively destructible environments, strapping on your GeForce 3D Vision™ glasses to game in true stereoscopic 3D, transcoding HD videos in minutes to your portable video player, or rapidly editing digital images using Adobe® CS4, the GeForce GTX 295 and GTX 285 do it all with mind blowing performance.
When
: The GeForce GTX 295 is available now from leading add-in-card manufacturers with a MSRP of $499. GeForce GTX 285 will be available on January 15th with a MSRP of $399 USD.

Where
: The announcement is taking place at CES 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada. If you are at CES, please visit the NVIDIA booth #35352 in the South Hall at the Las Vegas Convention Center.

Press Contacts:

Bryan Del Rizzo
NVIDIA Corporation
(510) 331-8824
bdelrizzo@nvidia.com

One of XFX's Terms and Conditions.
Quote:
What will XFX do?

During the duration of the limited hardware warranty, XFX or its authorized representative will repair any XFX-branded hardware products returned to us that prove to be defective in materials or workmanship. If XFX or its authorized representative is not able to repair the product, we will replace it with a comparable product that is new or refurbished.
When you contact us via phone or web, we will issue a Return Material Authorization Number for you to include with your return. You must return the products to us in their original or equivalent packaging with all original components, prepay shipping charges, and insure the shipment or accept the risk if the product is lost or damaged in shipment. We will return the repaired or replacement products to you. We will pay to ship the repaired or replaced products to you if you use an address in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico and U.S. possessions and territories). Otherwise, we will ship the product to you freight collect.
If we determine that the problem is not covered under this warranty, we will notify you and inform you of service alternatives that are available to you on a fee basis. If you want the product returned, you will have to pay the shipping fees.

Time to suck it up buttercup!

I guess there are cons to this Double Lifetime Warranty from XFX.

Old May 23, 2010, 09:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

5ILVgeARX, the warranty you post is the US only one. In a previous post I have posted the US and Canada warranty which claim that they will do it in SOME case. But don't say which are these case. Hm...690 for a GTX 285??? you have been ripped off my friend!

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 23, 2010, 09:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Odd, I got that under my XFX account. But basically I think they might consider Canada the same as the US.

But you know, I have heard people RMA perfectly good and in working condition GPU and XFX still sent you an upgrade back.
Old May 23, 2010, 09:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
its 9.96 From Fedex...

As 5ILVgeARX pointed out, I find $690 for a XFX GTX 285 BE hard to believe. If you did, you got ripped by someone.
Old May 24, 2010, 05:35 AM
Allstar

I guess i got ripped off. I bought the Card 3 weeks before it was released..

As for the ButterCup Comment... Grow-up Tinkerbell.
Old May 24, 2010, 06:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I guess i got ripped off. I bought the Card 3 weeks before it was released..

As for the ButterCup Comment... Grow-up Tinkerbell.

So I take it you bin GPUs for XFX or your work for XFX or it was an Engineer Sample? How the hell does one RMA a ES card?

Is it even possible for normal consumers to get such a card? I though there is that NDA or what ever rule companies and reviews have to follow. I can see it if it was an ATI since there HQ is in Ontario. But from Nvidia I do not even know where there HQ is. IS IT POSSIBLE?

And one more. Doesn't nvidia just sent out a patch of same clock chips to vendor and let them bin there own GPUs?