Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12, 2007, 02:03 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Well i see a RMA coming after xmas,thank's for the insite.My last card was aMSI 7900GT ,RMAed that piece or crap 4 times before getting a good 1,it's still rocking lol.
Old November 13, 2007, 01:20 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Just found out that when XFX send your GPU back to Canada you have to pay duty,do's any one know if this is true and how much would that be
Old November 13, 2007, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorBuzzon View Post
Just found out that when XFX send your GPU back to Canada you have to pay duty,do's any one know if this is true and how much would that be
Of course you do its an american company :P

But they should be willing to eat that but they don't
Old November 13, 2007, 02:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

You have to tell XFX to depriciate the value of your item. When to ship stuff to Canada they should give it like a 10 dollar value on the paking list!
Old November 13, 2007, 04:10 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Talked to XFX again they said the value they use is the cost of replacement,so i will pay duty on full price,which by them is 289.00$US.So the price to RMA a card will be 34$ shipping and 7% of 289 say 20$,over 54$ to replace a 2 day old card,no more XFX for me,and no more MysteryBytes store were if you register your product, they kick you out the door
Old November 13, 2007, 04:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorBuzzon View Post
Talked to XFX again they said the value they use is the cost of replacement,so i will pay duty on full price,which by them is 289.00$US.So the price to RMA a card will be 34$ shipping and 7% of 289 say 20$,over 54$ to replace a 2 day old card,no more XFX for me,and no more MysteryBytes store were if you register your product, they kick you out the door
Whether its XFX or EVga you'd have the same thing happen.
Old November 13, 2007, 05:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

It is pretty well known that these cards run hot. Once my new GT is here, and I know it's not bunked w/bad memory, I am throwing my vf900-cu on it. I think it will be a little quieter than the high pitched turbine stock cooler LOL. For now I have rivatuner controlling the fan and underclocked memory. For a $260 gfx card that performs almost like a GTX, pfffft who cares if you have to run rivatuner for fan speeds.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old November 13, 2007, 05:16 PM
Rookie

Quote:
and no more MysteryBytes store were if you register your product, they kick you out the door
I am confused as I shop here. Now you have me worried. Please explain what you mean by this and if this is the Halifax store you are talking about.
Old November 13, 2007, 06:18 PM
Trial Member

I planned on just reading this thread to see where it goes but I cant let an outright fallacy be posted as fact, when he was asked for the XFX RMA number which he said he had (and even offered a computer to use so he could get it) instead of giving it to us, he left the store, at no point was anyone kicked out of any store. Without that number there is not much that can be done RMA wise (as im sure most of you already know).
Old November 13, 2007, 08:39 PM
Trial Member

If this is the halifax store that you are talking about I find it very hard to believe that they would KICK you out of the store, as I have shopped there many times and even had to return the odd thing, but never with any hassle. Also, when you register the card you are usually out of luck as typically the company will only deal with the person who registered the card. It does sound like they tried to help out from what the above post has said.