Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2010, 04:43 AM
Rookie
F@H

Default ordered toxic 5870's but got eyefinity 6 edition?

Alright i just want to talk to people about this problem and maybe get some suggestions on what needs to get done and whatnot.

I went here:
Achat Sapphire HD5870 2GB DDR5 TOXIC PCIE DDVI-I HDMI DP RETAIL (100281-2GTXSR) au Canada

i ordered 2 of them since the place is near and shipping was free and a sweet deal. Anyway it said that it would be shipped via canada post and arrive on may 10th. I got it thursday the 6th. from UPS and from EPROM. Opened it, no invoice in the packing box AND 2 Sapphire radeon hd 5870 eyefinity 6 edition 2gb cards in it.

so i ordered:
SAPPHIRE- HOME

and got:
SAPPHIRE- HOME

so i sent an email back, asking if they had sent me it from the supplier and yes it was them and the supplier sent them to me cause the store didn't have any in stock. because of the mistake they are going to give me $20 rebate on my next order.

So after looking at those pages, what cards should i have? is it the fault of the store? or supplier? i did send them a reply back telling them to get the stuff straightened out and ill send back the cards i got in. the product page of the store says in the description something completely different from what i got. it even says TOXIC which is what i want in the first place, not eyefinity 6 edition cards. also it says in the description what the backplate looks like which isn't 6 mini dp connectors. anyone got any 2cents? thanks
Old May 8, 2010, 05:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It really doesn't matter whose fault it is, they sold you one thing and sent you something different, I would be firm yet professional and demand they either send you what you paid for or refund your money. If they don't? I'd tell them you are going to report them to the BBB or fraud squad or whatever.

One thing I notice is they do not list an address or phone #, that would set off alarms right away for me, I also notice their actual parts availablity is limited! My personal opinion? I never would have dealt with this site in the first place, seems to me like some guy running a site out of his apartment or something. But that is just my opinion.

Old May 8, 2010, 07:10 AM
Banned

Either that or demand a whole bunch of free active displayport adapters......

Sorry that happened to you.
Old May 8, 2010, 09:45 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
One thing I notice is they do not list an address or phone #, that would set off alarms right away for me
Yep...me as well...I certainly wouldn't be sending them around 1K thats for sure !!! Good luck.....hence is why I stick to NCIX, DC or BD....

Old May 8, 2010, 12:02 PM
Banned

With that amount he would HAVE to have used a credit card. Debate it.
Old May 8, 2010, 05:31 PM
Rookie
F@H

I did ask ncix to get the cards but i had asked 3 weeks ago for a price and when they would have them, i got nothing from them. The guy i was in contact with was very great but it was taking tooo long. I got a reply from traffik pc and they will replace the cards but will have to wait until monday for confirmation on address and the exchange. a little relief...
Old May 8, 2010, 06:01 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Sorry, their site lists 100281-2GTXSR AND "Toxic" in the product description and 100281-2GTXSR as the product number. That's a Toxic Edition.

This website is based here in Quebec. If you also live in Quebec, I would give them one final chance to refund ALL of your money before contacting the Consumer Protection Office of the Quebec government. It is time users here in Canada start standing up for themselves in order to get companies to clean up their acts. Sites like "Traffik PC" basically list nothing but supplier SKUs. To make matters even worse, they won't change the listing even when they KNOW there is a mistake, such as this situation.

Seriously, escalate this as high as possible. Threaten them with legal action if need be as it is your right to bring them to small claims court over something like this.
Old May 12, 2010, 05:53 AM
Rookie
F@H

he said he was going to replace the cards with the ones i wanted but because it's the weekend that on Monday he would get the shipping address and all that. its now Wednesday with no email. I went to his website and apparently his dns ran out on the 9th, after looking at a whois it just happens to be when it expires. I do have his phone number and will be calling him later today.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:19 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Sounds like a cheat for sure. Push hard and fast to get your money back. If he dicks around anymore go straight to the BBB or something.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:26 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Ouch. That's not a pretty situation.