Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2007, 01:34 PM
Rookie

Default Any good pairings of 92mm fans with 5.25" fan control for the Thermalright HR03 Plus

I'm quite concerned for my 8800GTX because the stock temperature for the card is quite high while gaming. I've use the nVidia Control Panel to change the fan speed, but the settings do not persist through reboot.

So i'm thinking, I'll probably get the Thermalright HR03 Plus for the card, and I will pair it with the 92mm fan. Getting the right fan isn't too big of a concern - other than it not making the level of noise as the old Deltas, but I don't have a clue of a decent fan controller that could be mounted on a 5.25" bay. Ideally, it would fit on my Antec P182 and the door closes.

Any suggestion would be appreciated, and hope I put this in the right forum.
Old November 7, 2007, 01:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by calyth View Post
I'm quite concerned for my 8800GTX because the stock temperature for the card is quite high while gaming. I've use the nVidia Control Panel to change the fan speed, but the settings do not persist through reboot.

So i'm thinking, I'll probably get the Thermalright HR03 Plus for the card, and I will pair it with the 92mm fan. Getting the right fan isn't too big of a concern - other than it not making the level of noise as the old Deltas, but I don't have a clue of a decent fan controller that could be mounted on a 5.25" bay. Ideally, it would fit on my Antec P182 and the door closes.

Any suggestion would be appreciated, and hope I put this in the right forum.
Fan controllers are for people who have fans that are loud due to buying a wrong fan :P Buy Yate Loons or Scythes and you'll be fine.

In regards to the hr-03 on a 8800GTX do a search its been done and works well but will make your GTX about as thick as 6-7" with the fan.
Old November 8, 2007, 11:45 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Fan controllers are for people who have fans that are loud due to buying a wrong fan :P Buy Yate Loons or Scythes and you'll be fine.
Heh, I've been down that road with the Delta (back in the old days) and promptly swapped for something different.

I'm quite concerned with the stock cooler - Even with the fan tweak (80%-90% at 65C or whatever that slider says), the thing runs at a good >70C while playing TF2 or other 3D games. I can live with the giant size of it as long as I can find the clearance in my case.
Old November 8, 2007, 02:12 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

IF you got the clearances forget 92mm. Mod a 120mm Scyhte F to that bad boy! Better cooling, less noise. Win WIN, if you got the room and the time.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr