Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 4, 2010, 10:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Forcing Single-link DVI output

I just put together a system with a core i5 661 running on the integrated graphics. After installing Windows, the usual generic driver is installed so i updated it to the latest one on intel's site. My monitor was connected using a dual link DVI cable, but when windows restarted, it posted and i could see the usual screens followed by the starting windows screens, but when it actually got into windows proper, the screen went black. The weird thing is when i use a single link DVI cable to connect my monitor, it works fine.

I was hoping there was a way to force single link output so i don't need to buy another cable (the single link one is too short for the permanent setup).

Last edited by xilocient; May 4, 2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old May 5, 2010, 05:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It could just be a crappy cable. They really don't cost much. You can find an inexpensive one at a local computer shop or even at Factory Direct. Monoprice has tons of cables too.