Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2010, 10:31 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default GPU Cooler and Warranty

Does attaching an aftermarket GPU cooler (and removing the stock one) usually void the warranty on video cards?

Say if I picked up a Prolimatech MK-13 and put it on an XFX 5870, would the warranty on the card still be intact?

Thanks
Old April 1, 2010, 11:37 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I know for sure it's fine with EVGA cards, as long as you don't cause physical damage.

As for any others, not sure...
Old April 1, 2010, 11:40 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Any XFX is fine to do that to. Just make sure you keep all the screws and Stock Cooler in case the card dies as you will need them for any RMA Purpose.

Best Regards,
ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 1, 2010, 11:41 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Depends on the manufacturer of the card. XFX wont void your warranty for aftermarket coolers. Just make sure you include the original cooler for the card if you need to RMA as they will just keep your nice shiny aftermarket cooler. Also, unless you break your card changing the cooler, no one is usaully any the wiser if you put an an aftermarket cooler on the card.