Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 28, 2010, 01:17 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitoR View Post
Thanks for that, if it wasn't obvious i was referring to another poster other than you, i thought your posts were fine, it's evident that anyone not immediately bowing down to Sky and his positive review of Fermi amongst this crowd is deserving of ridicule.

No harm no foul, everyone is entitled to their say IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wembler View Post
Sorry, might be my mistake, but appeared to me from the above that you referred to me. I read it incorrectly. No worries though!

all the best!

best buddies?

anyway, to each his opinion...480 is fast, but but...etc....

bow down to sky? ahahah..he better not show up at the next meetup or ill send zero for questioning!!!
Old March 28, 2010, 01:20 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
None of this has anything to do with brand etc.. I'm not annoyed with the guy because of what he said; it's how he said it. Usually when joining a new community you don't work to blackball yourself right from the start.
This is not a new community and I am not new to the FPS gaming community. I only presented my point of view, which might not concord with your point of view. That is why these types of forums exist - to try to achieve open, objective disccussion regarding point of interest to those in the greater gaming community. Are you a member of some special club?
Old March 28, 2010, 01:23 AM
Rookie

[quote=_dangtx_;355192]best buddies?

Interesting question, or should I say comment. No! Actually just trying to be reasonable. Thank you for your concern nonetheless!!
Old March 28, 2010, 01:37 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
best buddies?

anyway, to each his opinion...480 is fast, but but...etc....

bow down to sky? ahahah..he better not show up at the next meetup or ill send zero for questioning!!!

I agree with what he posted and accept he has his own opinion, doesn't make me and him buddies, i don't even know him.
Old March 28, 2010, 01:40 AM
MVP

My System Specs

I for one appeciate the review and time put in to create it.

Why is anyone so biased one way or the other. ATI used to take it's time making cards when they we're their own company, and that's what Nvidia did this time focusing on tessellation. Either way it's as its always been.... you can get a very good card from either Nvidia or ATI, for however much money you want/have to spend on it/them.

Myself I just did a huge upgrade and am super happy with my, as some of you one sided folk call, an abomination with one ATI and one Nvida card working together!!!

If they can get along, why can't all of us?! lol

Best comment being by SKYMTL, Should anyone go from 58xx to GTX 4xx?

NO.

But ya if I still had my GTX260s, I would be thinking about it hard.

For now I'm good, but in the fall, or winter I may like a dual GTX 470, should run Crysis 2 like a dream...
Old March 28, 2010, 01:42 AM
Rookie

Quote:
yes, until the real competion shows up. Not the avg 15% performance increase labeled as a techno marvel 6 mos after release date and then compared to a 6 mo old card. Lets see what ATi comes up with in the next month. Dont forget your pre-order and dont foget skill in game counts - for a little at least! Oh, abnd where were you during the last 8 mos. Waiting to make your pre-order at an undisclosed price? try being a consumer! Oh, are the drivers for the 480 really new and immature? They are only new to those they have released them to. Let's make a pre-order!
So explain this to me then.
Are you forgetting the all too important MIN FPS performance? Are you forgetting that the super awesome tessellation features you ATI people used to hype like crazy when you were the only ones with DX11 when compared to the 480;s tessellation performance, ATI is basically raped?
I guess everyone needs a way to justify a purchase or at least not feel bad about not having the latest and greatest....time to grow up...maybe you have not been around too long but I have been in the industry since the Ping Pong days....it is always the same, you buy something now, and some thing betters comes right away...do yourself a favor and learn to deal with it so you do not have to live posting in forums trying to feel better about what you have....rather accept reality and enjoy what you have which I am sure is very nice anyway.

Regards
Old March 28, 2010, 01:53 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95 View Post
So explain this to me then.
Are you forgetting the all too important MIN FPS performance? Are you forgetting that the super awesome tessellation features you ATI people used to hype like crazy when you were the only ones with DX11 when compared to the 480;s tessellation performance, ATI is basically raped?
I guess everyone needs a way to justify a purchase or at least not feel bad about not having the latest and greatest....time to grow up...maybe you have not been around too long but I have been in the industry since the Ping Pong days....it is always the same, you buy something now, and some thing betters comes right away...do yourself a favor and learn to deal with it so you do not have to live posting in forums trying to feel better about what you have....rather accept reality and enjoy what you have which I am sure is very nice anyway.

Regards
This is a very well thought out response - to us ATI ppl? I know, they were raped. Geez, with that whopping 15% avg performance increase across the board with the endless delays under the guise of developing testallation performance, and the wonderful heat and noise issue. Raped indeed. I might buy a 480 or the 512 shader model, but I am just not doing a pre-order until I see the 5890, 2gb 5870 or whatever ATI comes up with. Only becuase im a consumer. Get over it! No coup here my friend. Oh and yes, min fps is imortant and I commend HWC for being the only ones i've seen to include it in their reviews. Don't forget your skill before you pre-order though. Hurry, it might be too late. And don't worry about the price, they will tell you when they charge it to your card!

Last edited by wembler; March 28, 2010 at 01:59 AM.
Old March 28, 2010, 02:05 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
I must imagine anyone who pre-orders a 480 on the back of a preliminary review is a company fan boy. A 15% performance increase was expected.And yet some ppl pre-order the Fermi on the basis of the initial reviews, which show an increase of approx 15% on Avg - a far cry from the technological coup that was claimed even w/o heat, noise issues. It actually = fail at this point b/c the ppl who pre-ordered did not wait for the response - from the company that is in the drivers seat here. Yes the response may be enough to beat the 480 or not. but they didn't wait to see it. They pre-ordered = smart. NV loves you!!!!!!!!! Followers! If in 1.5 months from now the 480 is on top, then I will get one. Until then, i will see what happens.

Don't forget skill actually counts in the game as well!! Oh, but get your pre-orders out now!

Quote:
to try to achieve open, objective disccussion regarding point of interest to those in the greater gaming community.
You say you want a open objective discussion but your talking crap and spewing bullshit. You should probably work on your delivery if truely want a civil discussion because your coming across as someone that has a axe to grind.

Old March 28, 2010, 02:06 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Holy crows! I get busy for for a few hours come back and I see Nvidia DX11, Mark One's dismissal and a couple of new sh1t disturbers. This place is hilarious!

Industry leading review as usual SKY.
Will be interesting to see how the mid-range cards perform.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old March 28, 2010, 02:07 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bc View Post
''talking crap and spewing bullshit''.
Please be specific. That is, explain what was the crap and bull!