Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26, 2010, 05:39 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

There will be no official benchmarks but they may be added later. CUDA 3.0's interaction with Fermi architecture is geared towards offering the best possible performance with the upcoming GPU3 client. While I have a beta version of the client, there are no points values given to the three internal WUs and as such, determining PPD will be very hard especially since none of the included WUs are currently being distributed.
Old March 26, 2010, 06:19 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
. And I'm sure Mark will ask "Nice, how much PPD that get?" too
I lost momentary interest in the Fermi and other GPU stuf, you don't notice I post less

1- I refund the member who buy my 5870, because I discover a problem just before I remove it from my PC , ( a bearing noise ) so RMA ( second ATI that crap on me since last september )
2- I have a hell of a time to install the sensors and other OC stuf on my Ubuntu Monster.

so I don't care to much for now , and when I will care We will have all the stats , bench, price, availaibility wall to wall,

but of course I'm curious and I will have a look at the tonight.

I forget; " what are those PPD"

Last edited by MarkOne; March 26, 2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old March 26, 2010, 06:26 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Points Per Day?
Old March 26, 2010, 06:51 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
There will be no official benchmarks but they may be added later. CUDA 3.0's interaction with Fermi architecture is geared towards offering the best possible performance with the upcoming GPU3 client. While I have a beta version of the client, there are no points values given to the three internal WUs and as such, determining PPD will be very hard especially since none of the included WUs are currently being distributed.
Update appreciated but bad news for me,as gaming isn't my thing. The coming weeks (maybe longer...who knows with Stanford) will tell what this can mean for folders.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 26, 2010, 06:57 AM
MVP
F@H

But you could compare frame times .
Old March 26, 2010, 07:07 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Agreed, but if the core is not ready and the WUs and science are different, then we can't use this card properly until Stanford gets things ready (if I read the post above correctly)
Fold for team #54196
Old March 26, 2010, 07:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Please tell me you have folding benchmarks included with this bad boy?

I know Chriswarren and I are both interested in their PPD. And I'm sure Mark will ask "Nice, how much PPD that get?" too
I am right behind you.................if they are good the market will soon be flooded with GTX 250 and up used cards.
Old March 26, 2010, 07:42 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
Agreed, but if the core is not ready and the WUs and science are different, then we can't use this card properly until Stanford gets things ready (if I read the post above correctly)
You heard it here first. Expect the GPU3 client to be released in 4 weeks or less.
Old March 26, 2010, 07:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
You heard it here first. Expect the GPU3 client to be released in 4 weeks or less.

*officially joins the queue*
Old March 26, 2010, 08:00 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Client: Soultribunal
Team: 54196

Good stuff, lets see some budget cards based off of this (GTX460/450) etc etc and then I'll be happy.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Closed Thread