Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2, 2010, 08:23 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Smile RMA Video Card

I still think that they should at least give the same as you bought or better. Let us know.
Old May 2, 2010, 08:27 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksword View Post
Honestly though, what hand do you have to play if they stick to their guns on the 9800 GT OC? You can go back and forth with this, spend more of your time on it all for a GPU that will only be used for emails and Facebook.

I don't think it's worth the hassle, OP. I think the replacement card is fair. It's probably the closest thing they have to your card performance-wise without going above and offering you a 5770/5830.
BFG doesn't make a 5770 or 5630
Old May 2, 2010, 10:26 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksword View Post
Honestly though, what hand do you have to play if they stick to their guns on the 9800 GT OC? You can go back and forth with this, spend more of your time on it all for a GPU that will only be used for emails and Facebook.

I don't think it's worth the hassle, OP. I think the replacement card is fair. It's probably the closest thing they have to your card performance-wise without going above and offering you a 5770/5830.
While I agree with you about the card being more than enough for what the OP plans to do with it, at the same time it doesn't seem right to me that the OP should just 'settle' for this card when he should have received a better one.

It might seem like a waste of time to pursue this any further but, it's just not right that BFG can do this to its customers and if people don't put up a fight, they'll just continue to screw the customers out of their proper replacement cards.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:49 AM
Banned
F@H

altough if you think about..what if the co goes wheels up? 9800gt oc vs nada? hmmm....tough decisions :)
Old May 2, 2010, 12:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't forget they already admitted in an email that they sent you a lower spec'd card. You need to use this to your advantage. Also you need to start escalating it as high as possible. When you phone first thing you do is ask for a manager, don't give an inch. Don't be mean on the phone, but don't take anything either.

Just force it higher and higher, until you get what you deserve. Oh and do not return that last card until you get the new one. Explain to them that they can include a prepaid label in the box with the new one and you will send it in once the new one is in your possession. Also get an email and/or direct extension from whoever you are talking to, this can go a long way to getting things worked out.

Old May 2, 2010, 06:12 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Damn!
I was really surprised to see this thread pop back up. Sorry to hear how this has gone. Pathetic on BFG's part.
I'd be trying to get Delma on the phone as she is the one who responded well, acknowledging their 1st mistake. And now you have paid for shipping for the same card! Someone over there better give you an upgrade after all this.
Mention this thread and how it's effecting their reputation too. This shows their incompetence and real lack of concern for their customers. I bet someone over there will take your problem seriously; now if you can only find that someone.
good luck
MAIN: i5 3570 @ 4.5Ghz wH100 / evga GTX780 SOC / MSI Z77A-G45 / 8gb G.Skill 2133 1T / 30" 2560x1600 / Antec P280 / PCP&C 950w / Intel 520 SSD 240gb / Eclipse / G3-Lazer / z5300 / Win7 Pro64 / APC Xs1300
HTPC : nMedia6000B / AMD X2 4400+ / M2A-VM / Corsair 4GB 800 / LiteOn Blu-Ray / 8800GT / Samsung 46"LCD / 2x2TB / OCZ500 / ATI550 / Wrless Kbrd & Rmte / z-5500 / Win7Pro / APC700
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" 
- Mahatma Gandhi  
Old May 2, 2010, 06:34 PM
Banned
F@H

in case something goes wrong with my rma ill mention this thread as well lol
Old May 2, 2010, 07:18 PM
Banned

Raise hell.

Works with me every time! :)
Old May 2, 2010, 07:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Cool Video Card replacement

If they're sincere about the mistake then you'll get a better card. If not, then everyone you know including hwc members will know what to expect from them. That is the worse kind of pr for them.
Old May 3, 2010, 04:04 PM
Top Prospect

Given my own experiences with BFG customer service, i'd have to say that you have been lucky so far, I also had emails to back up my case but no dice. On the other hand they have been somewhat compliant with you so you might as well milk if for all it's worth, besides whats the worst they can say? No...