Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 11, 2010, 04:01 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
like this one :

those are the one I have, quadruplet
Yep, like that one. I like that card. Considered buying one. Also almost got a Palit 260 with a similar design. With all this reading I've done about the hassles with ATI cards and my 4890 experience, makes me wonder if I should've (although nothing is a guarantee)
Powercolor 5870
Velociraptor 150
Seagate LP 2TB
Corsair AX750
Silverstone FT01B-W (HWC review case)

HEATWARE 45-0-0

My Cannondale <3
Old February 11, 2010, 04:28 PM
Banned
F@H

Tis card is also factory OC, I think I gone put them tomorrow in SLI on my Maximus to give a try . will not kill anyone to make some bench .. or may be yes ... HwC team will lost some PPD. actually I will do it right now. came back with news
Old February 11, 2010, 05:10 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
If your interested Mark PM me, I've got something you maybe interested in ;)
A GTX275 would be better for Mark than one of your cards.
Old February 11, 2010, 05:18 PM
Banned
F@H

The 2 gtx 260 are install, I'm downloading the Driver. will play few day with this sli setup, and after decide how much improvement I need...if I need

what is the best way to see if the SLI is working, ?
Old February 11, 2010, 05:23 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
what is the best way to see if the SLI is working, ?
Run some 3D game or benchmark and compare its performance to when you aren't using SLI.
Old February 11, 2010, 05:37 PM
Banned
F@H

I ask the best way

I means the easy way

anyway I'm installing Crysis , will know soon enough
Old February 11, 2010, 05:41 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Well, you can check in the drivers to see if SLI is enabled, but the only way to find out if it's actually doing anything is to try it with something...
Old February 12, 2010, 12:24 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Late response, but yeah, I use my card in a case (HAF 932) and I get around 70's when folding overnight. They are surprisingly quiet but they do push a lot of hot air around in the case, which is why I got the HAF :D I can actually max res (1680x1050) with max settings and 2x to 4x AA with decent, and very playable, frames. The factory OC is vely naice, especially for me since I don't care too much for GPU overclocks, plus it was cheaper than all the other stock ones at the time that I bought it.
Old February 12, 2010, 12:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
A GTX275 would be better for Mark than one of your cards.
Disagree dude...Not at the price I'm letting them go for.....given the price n OC (Bandwidth 160 GB/Sec) they outperform any Stock 275, the only concern is "power".
In the GPU Gaming World this was highly contested throughout, 275 vs 280, provided you can manag the heat n power the 280 is still the better Card. Besides, "sold" in under 2 hrs of Posting speaks for itself.
More importantly:
1. GTX 275's are EOL....not available
2. He gets the power of a 285 for a fraction of the cost of any existing 275's floating around

Mark...in NVCP enable SLI Visual Indicator on the Menu Bar...when gaming it will display the extent of SLI Performance with 2 Visual Green Bar indicators
Also, if you go back in the Video Card Forum about 10 months you'll see a crapload of Benchmark results (I posted) comparing:
Single 280
280 SI
280 Tri Sli
The FPS and Benchmark reults were extremely impressive, I was particularly impressed with Sli to Tri Sli, which many had stated would be minimal, but were in fact substantial

Last edited by rjbarker; February 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old February 12, 2010, 12:55 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Mark...in NVCP enable SLI Visual Indicator on the Menu Bar...when gaming it will display the extent of SLI Performance with 2 Visual Green Bar indicators
Thanks , it's what I was expecting , something easy .

Yes your card was at a DAM good price, I will have jump on it if my folding budget was not negative, I still have no $$$$ to finish my 2 bigadv I7 - 920

I say folding negative, not that I'm broke , it's because I put enough in Folding , So I mkae a budget, I need also to do some OC testing

When I post this tread , my intention was to replace my ati by a folding card, but I change my mind a little bit, now I want test some different configuration to extend my knowledge, so I give a try to this gtx 260 SLI setup,, never try SLI before, I was ATI fan boy .

You gone excuse me I have a plane to catch , some mess to fix in Pripyat tonight , will be at the hotel if you need me