Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Video Cards (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/)
-   -   Sapphire Radeon HD5570 1GB DDR3 Single & Crossfire Review Comment Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/video-cards/28724-sapphire-radeon-hd5570-1gb-ddr3-single-crossfire-review-comment-thread.html)

SKYMTL February 8, 2010 08:51 PM

Sapphire Radeon HD5570 1GB DDR3 Single & Crossfire Review Comment Thread

With ATIís assault on the high and mid-range price segments nearly complete, their focus has now shifted to the lower end of the market. Hot on the heels of their HD 5450 release comes a card with substantially more graphics horsepower but with a sub-$100 price: th HD 5570 1GB. In this review we take a look at this card and how it does alone and in Crossfire configuration against some stiff competition.

[ Read full article ]

Please use this thread for all your question and comments.

Dr_BenD_over February 9, 2010 04:17 AM

It's official, AMD has way too many 5 series variants.

SKYMTL February 9, 2010 05:41 AM

So much so that no one seems to care about this card judging fro mthe responses I am seeing here and on other forums.

Sushi Warrior February 9, 2010 05:51 AM

I can't really agree with the general tone of the conclusion, it seems to lose to the GT240 in most aspects.... it's more expensive, slower, uses the same power, and doesn't have HDMI. And as an HTPC card you'd be much better off with a passive 5450 or something because you don't need that much muscle for HD video.

SKYMTL February 9, 2010 06:11 AM

What about the general tone? I thought it was spelled out quite well that it lost out to the GT 240. As a matter of fact I actually watered down the conclusion a bit since in the original edit, I basically lambasted the card.

bojangles February 9, 2010 06:14 AM

Agreed. ATI have blurred every single kind of market together, confusing the buyer to oblivion. We only need:

-A basic websurfing card with advanced features,
-A high definition media card,
-A low to medium graphics card,
-A medium to high graphics card; and
-A high end graphics card

That's five cards, not 20. I think we need a couple Nvidia variants soon, as ATI is simply dominating the market as of late.

Great review though!

SKYMTL February 9, 2010 06:26 AM

In all reality, I would rather have a GT 240 GDDR5 than this card. From what I saw, the general performance per watt is better with the NVIDIA card and for HTPC users the only thing that's lost is bitstreaming of TrueHD and MA.

Dr_BenD_over February 9, 2010 06:53 AM

Frankly I'd be really confused if I was looking for a mid to low end card right now, besides the 5 series offerings, there are still AMD cards from the previous 4 generations available, all the way back to the X1950Pro, a X850 is also available at NCIX :shok:.

headsh0t February 9, 2010 12:21 PM

The Borderlands benchmark graphs show the same thing for 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 has the same graph. The Dawn of War II benchmark graphs are also backwards.

belgolas February 9, 2010 03:35 PM

ya some of the graphs are messed up. This could be a good card if the price was lowered and was passive with HDMI.