Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 4, 2010, 01:50 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles View Post
I actually really liked this review. For one, it's something new, and two, all my lady friends play Farmville, and they're always complaining how sluggish it is on their $400-500 laptop.
If you know someone who posts on the FV forums, you may want to have them link the article then. I know a few people who were waiting on the results who usually play Farmville.
Old February 4, 2010, 01:50 PM
Banned
F@H

Guy I just want to correct something here.

All true Farmville demand more power ...it's Farmtown the leader of user in Face Book. Nvidia president was in the ditch when he was talking about it, what he said was the story of Farmtown... Farmville came after , they try to copy the success of Farmville. before enjoy the member ship here I was loosing my time with my 12 farms ( need 12 email account) in farmtown I was a real pro
Old February 4, 2010, 02:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So, I'm slightly confused on the verdict. Fail, mediocre, or success? There's not many cons...
Old February 4, 2010, 04:41 PM
Rookie

Well, I wouldn't call it "fail". It performed how you'd expect a $50 GPU to perform. Obvioiusly, this card isn't geared to 99% of the people who visit this site (or most hardware sites for that matter). This will certainly be an OEM card. I was actually surprised to see it get whipped so badly by the 5670. I thought that was the pinnacle of cheap-dom. Guess I was wrong.
Old February 4, 2010, 04:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not seeing how it's better than anything before. It beats the GT210 by a few FPS, but the GT220 and 4670 both kick it's ass..... and the 4670 seems to be just as good of an HTPC card.
Old February 4, 2010, 05:37 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
Guy I just want to correct something here.

All true Farmville demand more power ...it's Farmtown the leader of user in Face Book. Nvidia president was in the ditch when he was talking about it, what he said was the story of Farmtown... Farmville came after , they try to copy the success of Farmville. before enjoy the member ship here I was loosing my time with my 12 farms ( need 12 email account) in farmtown I was a real pro
Huh?
Old February 4, 2010, 05:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

He's saying Farmtown > Farmville. As far as I can tell. Language barrier is pretty big....

EDIT: And excellent, relevant review. Compared to TomsHardware doing reviews of Crysis, World in Conflict, etc. this is easily the best low-end review I have seen in recent memory.
Old February 4, 2010, 05:55 PM
MVP

Agreed. You can see its performance in Crysis, but everyone already knew it wouldn't play Crysis, so why bother testing it there? This is much more like what you're liable to see the card used for i.e. lower-end games and flash support.
Old February 4, 2010, 06:41 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Huh?
try it for fun... it's a real addiction....it's like folding you want more and more... at first I laugh at my wife because she was playing, one night I try it. it was a real pleasure to overtake her.... and an other one and an other one.. and it's quite funny what you can do with imagination. I build a farm ranch. and Asian rice plantation. a banana plantation . I even combine 4 mansion to make it looking good, no farm around... 12 of them

You have to be very wise also to catch people to come to make the plowing and harvesting...and also get hire... I get a farm from scrath to level 32 in one week, level 32 with the old way to count them , it was the highest level the time i play. 12 level 32 farms in a month all my nick name have Jerry in it . and if I want to plow for one of my own farm to get more point I have to make friend with my 12 other account , that's make 144 friendship to set up... I have a small book to take note to remember everything...

my wife insist I try it because I was killing to much things in Stalker...
Old February 4, 2010, 06:54 PM
MVP

My System Specs

hahaha I can just picture it