Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 27, 2010, 06:59 PM
Top Prospect

Default ATI + Nvidia Physx Folding question

Hey everyone, I was wondering if you could help me out with something. Right now, my friend owns a 9800gt folds once in a while for EVGA boards (I know, I know). He's been offered a really good price on a 5870 card but he still wants to be able to fold.

I know that there are some hacked drivers that allow both ATI and NVidia cards to be installed on the same system. The ATI is the main display and the NVidia card can be used for PhysX acceleration.

My question is, if he were to set his system up like this, would he still to be able to use a GPU folding client?

BTW, he said that he would gladly join the HWC folding team if you could help him out.
Old February 4, 2010, 03:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Im trying to figure out the same problem my friend lol.
Old February 4, 2010, 04:11 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I'm trying to figure out the same problem for myself xD