Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 4, 2009, 09:37 AM
Rookie

Default gigabyte GTX 275 black screen

i really need help because if i leave it as it is,i wont be able to play any games.
i have gigabyte gtx 275 896 MB running on my machine as stated later.i tried running 2 games which were resident evil 5 and dark sector.For both games,after they were exe. my monitor went black screen and was in sleep mode.i attached two cables which are VGA and DVI to both my graphic card and monitor.even by changing the source of display(select display button on monitor),it was still in sleeping mode.
depressed ,then i tried running 3D mark software.unbelievably i cant even run that benchmark soft as it showed the same prob before.

if anyone have the same experience or know how to solve this prob or even have the slightest idea what could have been wrong,please tell me.

my machine spec:

Windows XP pro 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200-not OC
Gigabyte 275GTX 896MB with latest driver and bios. not OC
Corsair TX950W
Corsair 2x2Gb XMS 800MHz RAM - not OC
P5NE-SLI motherboard
250Gb Excel Store HD
2Tb Seagate HD
Prolimatech Mega Shadow
2xSamsung DVD/RW
Creative X-fi Extreme Music
CM storm scout Chasis.
Logitech 530 5.1 Speaker.

Last edited by reuken; November 4, 2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old November 4, 2009, 10:15 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Sounds like either a driver issue or a general GPU issue.

Try to do a clean install of the drivers (uninstall, use Driver Cleaner / Sweeper in Safe Mode / reinstall).

If that doesn't work, try underclocking the core and memory by about 25Mhz each.

If nothing works, RMA the card.
Old November 4, 2009, 10:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Sounds like either a driver issue or a general GPU issue.

Try to do a clean install of the drivers (uninstall, use Driver Cleaner / Sweeper in Safe Mode / reinstall).

If that doesn't work, try underclocking the core and memory by about 25Mhz each.

If nothing works, RMA the card.
I'm pretty surprising that the computer shutdown after opening a game. In normal time if a driver issue occur does not windows tell Driver have stopped working and have recovered? It's hard not to have the same opinion with Sky because he is a really good trouble shooter. I curious to know if 3Dmark is giving you any error code like lost focus or thing like that. Is the card old and just start to do it or the card is brand new. Try the driver as Sky state and give us some news
Old November 4, 2009, 10:44 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
I'm pretty surprising that the computer shutdown after opening a game. In normal time if a driver issue occur does not windows tell Driver have stopped working and have recovered?
the comp still running but theres no display on the monitor either via VGA or DVI.i have to restart in order to log in to my desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
I curious to know if 3Dmark is giving you any error code like lost focus or thing like that. Is the card old and just start to do it or the card is brand new.
there wasnt any error code because its the same problem as running the game,no display at all.have to restart as whatever key i typed in,the monitor still running in sleep mode.the card is new as i bought last sept.

Quote:
Try the driver as Sky state and give us some news
sure,i will give it a try and really hope to avoid RMA.thanks for the replies though.