Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 3, 2009, 09:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default what is my Vid card is worth to sell or trade?

Long story short I bought a BFG 260 216 core off some one here, my motherboard fried and it also took out the vidcard so after allot of help from the people here I RMAed the card, they sent me a BFG GTX 285 (BFGRGTX2851024OCE) the card works great eccept that the svideo doesn't work at all and I do watch all of my Downloaded TV eps through my TV so I need the svideo. now instead of going through the hassle with bugging people to RMA this card I have decided to just sell( or trade ) it OEM and then buy a different card, the problem is I am not sure how much to sell( or trade for another card) this card for. any suggestions?
Old November 3, 2009, 11:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
Long story short I bought a BFG 260 216 core off some one here, my motherboard fried and it also took out the vidcard so after allot of help from the people here I RMAed the card, they sent me a BFG GTX 285 (BFGRGTX2851024OCE) the card works great eccept that the svideo doesn't work at all and I do watch all of my Downloaded TV eps through my TV so I need the svideo. now instead of going through the hassle with bugging people to RMA this card I have decided to just sell( or trade ) it OEM and then buy a different card, the problem is I am not sure how much to sell( or trade for another card) this card for. any suggestions?
Wow, nice upgrade by BFG.

285's (IMO) arnt worth much more then 275's. Id say $250 at most since thats what 275's are brand new, and since its 'broken', I guess it depends how fast you want to get rid of it....
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old November 3, 2009, 12:17 PM
Banned
F@H

I have an extra 4890 ( with even an extra cooler, since I install a Thermalright on my other 4890 ) that I may be interested to change.
Old November 3, 2009, 12:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Take the lowest possible price of the Card and deduct a further 20% - 30% (if you really want to sell it)....may have to deduct more if it aint working properly...re-sale of GPU's is certainly not a $$$ recoup avenue at all, your basically trying to get something for it.
Old November 3, 2009, 12:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I have an extra 4890 ( with even an extra cooler, since I install a Thermalright on my other 4890 ) that I may be interested to change.
does it have svid on it ?
Old November 3, 2009, 12:35 PM
Banned
F@H

Not only they have svideo , but you have also an adaptor for DVI-i to HDMI and HDTV component out , and Yessssssss an Stalker Clear Sky game, ( look at my nick )
Old November 3, 2009, 02:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow what a nice upgrade by BFG. Someone help me kill my 9600GT

Question, your TV supports only S-Video? No DVI/VGA/HDMI love?
Old November 3, 2009, 08:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
Not only they have svideo , but you have also an adaptor for DVI-i to HDMI and HDTV component out , and Yessssssss an Stalker Clear Sky game, ( look at my nick )
Check you pm
ok so I guess that I am going to take some pictures tonight and post this card tomorrow sometime
Old November 4, 2009, 04:26 AM
Banned
F@H

I just awnser it .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowmeph View Post
Check you pm
ok so I guess that I am going to take some pictures tonight and post this card tomorrow sometime