Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 23, 2009, 09:52 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

I'm guessing you wouldn't have to go through the trouble of finding an active DP adapter if you got monitors that had native support for it, for example the NCIX.com - Buy NEC Multisync EA231WMI-BK 23IN IPs Widescreen LCD Monitor 1920X1080 14MS 1000:1 VGA DVI DP Pivot HAS - EA231WMI-BK In Canada. ?
Old November 23, 2009, 09:59 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
I'm guessing you wouldn't have to go through the trouble of finding an active DP adapter if you got monitors that had native support for it, for example the NCIX.com - Buy NEC Multisync EA231WMI-BK 23IN IPs Widescreen LCD Monitor 1920X1080 14MS 1000:1 VGA DVI DP Pivot HAS - EA231WMI-BK In Canada. ?
That's correct. No Active DP adapter is needed if you use a native DP panel. 14ms reponse time on that one tho = ghosting
Old November 23, 2009, 10:17 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

The only one I saw on NCIX... Looks like Dell may have some good ones.
Old November 23, 2009, 10:22 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
That's correct. No Active DP adapter is needed if you use a native DP panel. 14ms reponse time on that one tho = ghosting

Not noticeable enough, otherwise everyone would've complained about Dell's 2007WFP with a 16ms response time. Some will always claim that they can see "so MUCH" lag though, they're "special" and more "elite" than I can ever behold. Original IPS variants > e-IPS > TN/PVA anyday for me.
Old November 23, 2009, 02:21 PM
MVP

So what happens if you mix your monitors a little - I have a 22 inch Dell and a 22 inch Sammy - both at the same res. I was kinda thinking longer term I would get another Dell to match up that end and then just use the Sammy - not ideal, but I can't really justify two new monitors....
Old November 26, 2009, 01:29 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Is there an idiots guide for setting Eyefinity up? I thought I set everything up right with the display group, it looked right at the desktop, but when I launched a 3D app, it just went to clone mode on the displays. I tried fiddling with things a bit more after that but there seems to be something really screwy with the Vista 9.11 drivers and both displays wound up becoming inactive forcing me to use the little button. Note I am not using matched displays, ones a 24" and the other ones a 19" (just experimenting without blowing cash at the moment)
Old November 26, 2009, 01:32 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
Is there an idiots guide for setting Eyefinity up? I thought I set everything up right with the display group, it looked right at the desktop, but when I launched a 3D app, it just went to clone mode on the displays. I tried fiddling with things a bit more after that but there seems to be something really screwy with the Vista 9.11 drivers and both displays wound up becoming inactive forcing me to use the little button. Note I am not using matched displays, ones a 24" and the other ones a 19" (just experimenting without blowing cash at the moment)
In the game did you select a surround-wide resolution? If the game defaults to a res. that one monitor can handle, then the others will either turn off or clone.
Old November 26, 2009, 04:49 PM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
In the game did you select a surround-wide resolution? If the game defaults to a res. that one monitor can handle, then the others will either turn off or clone.
I didn't wait long enough to try, when I saw it clone I just exited to tinker more. I'll have to give it another shot when I have the time.