Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 13, 2009, 11:56 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writer View Post
Has anyone confirmed that you need three matched monitors? I'm wondering if two 22" monitors would work with a 24" that has 1:1 scaling modes, like my BenQ FP241W.

Here's a video of someone using different size screens.

YouTube - EyefinityLoL
Old December 14, 2009, 09:58 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eysenbeiss View Post
Just to make it absolutly clear:

you can connect three monitors directly to a 5770, 5850 or 5870 if one of the connected monitors has a display port and you would need no additional adapter ?!

If so, then I would suggest that anyone, who plans on going this way, to take a look at Lenovos Thinkvision L2251p.

It has "only" 1680x1050, but you won't find another new monitor with a displayport at that price !

Can anyone pls confirm that there is no need for an adapter, if one monitor has a native displayport ?
Old December 14, 2009, 10:36 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Can anyone pls confirm that there is no need for an adapter, if one monitor has a native displayport ?
Yes. If one monitor has native displayport you can use it as part of an eyefinity group without an adapter.
Old December 23, 2009, 05:31 AM
Rookie

Has anyone tested an Crossfire X Setup after the 9.12 Hotfix ?

I was wondering, if you still have to connect one monitor to the displayport of the main card, or if it would be possible to use one of those two additional dvi-ports on the second card, to create a 3-Monitor-Setup ?!
Old December 23, 2009, 08:25 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Has anyone tested an Crossfire X Setup after the 9.12 Hotfix ?

I was wondering, if you still have to connect one monitor to the displayport of the main card, or if it would be possible to use one of those two additional dvi-ports on the second card, to create a 3-Monitor-Setup ?!
Interesting possibility, but i highly doubt it unfortunately. Normally the second (and beyond) card in a CrossfireX setup of SLI setup does not use any of it ports, DVI or otherwise. I can't tell for sure since I have yet to try that configuration. I'll let you know once my monitors arrive, I can try a mixed CF 5970 + 5870 combo for Eyefinity and see if it works and how well. I'll post back again with results.
Old December 23, 2009, 01:19 PM
Top Prospect

I am pretty sure that I read only one card is using it's outputs in a Crossfire+Eyefinity config. Meaning you have to use the Displayport.

Last edited by morphine; December 31, 2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old December 31, 2009, 07:47 AM
Rookie

Seems that I am just too stupid to get it to work.

I now have two BenQ G2220HD and one Lenovo Thinkvison L2251p
The two BenQ are capable of 1920x1200, cause they are 16:9 and the Lenovo comes with 1680x1050.

The two BenQ Monitors are connected via DVI and the Lenovo directly to the Displayport and yes, the BenQs are running 1680x1050 as well, cause that stupd driver doesn't support 16:9 modes, at least not the higher ones.

Still, I can't activate all three Monitors in the damn CCC, one always remains deactivated and if I try to pull it up, I only get the option to swap both Monitors around.

I installed the 9.12 hotfix Version of those f****d up drivers, but it just won't work and it doesn't even look like that CCC that this stupid Bill Donnelly is using in the Video.

Does anyone have a hint or link that might be helpfull ?
Old December 31, 2009, 07:50 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I thought the native res had to be the same?
Old December 31, 2009, 08:59 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Seems that I am just too stupid to get it to work.

I now have two BenQ G2220HD and one Lenovo Thinkvison L2251p
The two BenQ are capable of 1920x1200, cause they are 16:9 and the Lenovo comes with 1680x1050.

The two BenQ Monitors are connected via DVI and the Lenovo directly to the Displayport and yes, the BenQs are running 1680x1050 as well, cause that stupd driver doesn't support 16:9 modes, at least not the higher ones.

Still, I can't activate all three Monitors in the damn CCC, one always remains deactivated and if I try to pull it up, I only get the option to swap both Monitors around.

I installed the 9.12 hotfix Version of those f****d up drivers, but it just won't work and it doesn't even look like that CCC that this stupid Bill Donnelly is using in the Video.

Does anyone have a hint or link that might be helpfull ?
Which monitor never shows up? Is it always the same one?
Old December 31, 2009, 09:00 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
I thought the native res had to be the same?
I believe Eyefinity defaults to the lowest common resolution of the three displays.