Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2009, 07:11 PM
MVP

Ouch. I just picked up a second Sammy 22 incher, hoping that I would use the two sammys with my 22 Dell. Now it looks like i need a third Sammy? This is getting expensive!
Old December 6, 2009, 02:09 PM
Rookie

I have ordered a 5870. I guess I didn't read up on it as much as I should have. I have three monitors but they aren't the same size and none have a displayport. I came across this forum looking for information. Shortly after I found this video on youtube.

It's called SAPPHIRE ATI Eyefinity set up with Bill Donnelly. He is the Sapphire Global PR Director.

Since I have 2 monitors that are 22" and the adapters are $100 my plan right now is just to get another 22" monitor that has a displayport. So far I have found one for $200. I have to get a new 22" monitor anyway since one of my 3 is a 19".

I'm looking forward to it considering I'm moving from a 8800gt.

Good luck to everyone.

Old December 6, 2009, 02:10 PM
Rookie

I couldn't post the link in my last post due to forum rules.

Here it is.

YouTube - SAPPHIRE ATI Eyefinity set up with Bill Donnelly
Old December 11, 2009, 09:10 AM
Rookie

What about connecting a third Monitor directly to Displayport ?

Would I still need an adapter ?

I know you mentioned that it would be bette to have three Monitors of the same Type, but I was wondering if this combination would work without an adapter at all, since Lennovo started to sell a 22" with Displayport.
Old December 11, 2009, 10:04 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eysenbeiss View Post
What about connecting a third Monitor directly to Displayport ?

Would I still need an adapter ?

I know you mentioned that it would be bette to have three Monitors of the same Type, but I was wondering if this combination would work without an adapter at all, since Lennovo started to sell a 22" with Displayport.
Having a monitor running native displayport is the best option. And having a three of a monitor with DP will probably look the best as well.
Old December 11, 2009, 12:47 PM
Rookie

Has anyone confirmed that you need three matched monitors? I'm wondering if two 22" monitors would work with a 24" that has 1:1 scaling modes, like my BenQ FP241W.
Old December 11, 2009, 12:53 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writer View Post
Has anyone confirmed that you need three matched monitors? I'm wondering if two 22" monitors would work with a 24" that has 1:1 scaling modes, like my BenQ FP241W.
Doesnt have to be matched... has to use matching resolutions. your combination may, in fact, work!
Old December 11, 2009, 06:52 PM
Rookie

Just to make it absolutly clear:

you can connect three monitors directly to a 5770, 5850 or 5870 if one of the connected monitors has a display port and you would need no additional adapter ?!

If so, then I would suggest that anyone, who plans on going this way, to take a look at Lenovos Thinkvision L2251p.

It has "only" 1680x1050, but you won't find another new monitor with a displayport at that price !
Old December 13, 2009, 04:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eysenbeiss View Post
Just to make it absolutly clear:

you can connect three monitors directly to a 5770, 5850 or 5870 if one of the connected monitors has a display port and you would need no additional adapter ?!

If so, then I would suggest that anyone, who plans on going this way, to take a look at Lenovos Thinkvision L2251p.

It has "only" 1680x1050, but you won't find another new monitor with a displayport at that price !

I needed a monitor with a DisplayPort. I looked around and bought a Dell P2210. They go for around $200. Good reviews, not great, but good. I found one on ebay and picked it up for $140. which is only a little more then one of those adapters from Apple.
Old December 13, 2009, 04:20 PM
Rookie

I found another video review that I liked about eyefinity. It's the most in-depth video I've seen so far. It lasts 30 minutes. If you're interested in it you really should check it out.

AMD's ATI Eyefinity Technology Review - AMD's ATI Eyefinity Technology Review | [H]ard|OCP