Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 24, 2009, 11:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default DX11 Questions from NVidia answered by AMD

Supposedly, It is typical upon a new AMD GPU launch, for a representative from NVidia to formulate an email to review sites in which they pose the "tough questions" about the card that they feel the reviewer should be asking themslves as they review the product.

Questions like: "Aren't they punishing PC gamers by pushing out the schedule of PC titles such as Dirt 2 in order to support DX11?"

and "Why is AMD focusing so much on DX11 when most games are on DX9 console ports? "

Well tweaktown apparently forwarded these queries onto the people they felt most qulaified to answer, and (apparently) answer they did. The article posts the responses from AMD's director of communications.
Old September 24, 2009, 12:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

Hmm... was kind of hoping for more questions than that, and AMD's answers are a little canned and in marketing-ese. And I didn't think PhysX was so much a closed standard, as it was CUDA-based (with the onus on third party licensers to rewrite/recompile for their own hardware), which obviously favours Nvidia's cards. Ah well.
Old September 24, 2009, 12:45 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Very interesting - Thanks for the link!
Old September 24, 2009, 01:06 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I get every PR email from Nvidia and not one I have from the last two months asks any of these "tough questions" as Tweaktown puts it.
Old September 24, 2009, 01:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I get every PR email from Nvidia and not one I have from the last two months asks any of these "tough questions" as Tweaktown puts it.
LOL

Now that is humorous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton