Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 30, 2009, 06:16 AM
Rookie

Default EVGA GTX 285 and Games in general.

Okay, the weirdest thing ever. From all the games I've managed to test so far, they all run very smooth with no chopping or delay when moving the mouse, however it's pretty different with Dead Space. There is no chopping in the game, or any graphical glitches, it all runs perfect on high settings and 1680x1050, but it "lags" when I move the mouse.

While the game is running pretty much awesome, when I want to turn around and such it seems like the turning lags behind my mouse. You get like that delay when the character turns and the same in the menu options, as if I was trying to run it on a shitty system.
So this brings me to two questions, anyone else had this and knows why? And is there a way I can turn on some fps display to see how much fps I am running. I tried lowering everything to the lowest setting, also put graphics on low and it still lags after my mouse.
Please don't tell me the game is actually designed like this ?

Updated: See last post.

Last edited by Schnerf; September 3, 2009 at 03:49 AM.
Old August 30, 2009, 10:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Download n install Evga Precision....
Read through the "how to" portion and you'll be able to set-up "Onscreen Display". you can add the option of FPS in Onscrene Display, as well as GPU Core Speed n GPU Temps. Personally I like to be able to monitor FPS, Core Speeds n Temps while gaming.

EVGA Precision

Cheers

Old August 30, 2009, 10:10 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

and dont forget to turn the VSync off
Old August 30, 2009, 10:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay, I won't tell you the game is actually designed like that. No wait, I will.

Deadspace is a console game, ported over to PC and that is why it "feels" like that. No matter what screwing around you do you aren't going to make that game run like a PC native game.
Old August 30, 2009, 11:13 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Okay, I won't tell you the game is actually designed like that. No wait, I will.

Deadspace is a console game, ported over to PC and that is why it "feels" like that. No matter what screwing around you do you aren't going to make that game run like a PC native game.
I've played a lot of ports from consoles to PC before, if that is the case, this is the worst port platforming I've ever seen. Why would they NOT take care of the most important part of the game, the actual movement and aiming ? I highly doubt this is the case.

Thanks for that program rjbarker, going to check it out :).

Another question while I'm at it, as I am still a complete computer noob, I thought I'd buy another 285 card so that I can have two of them, since most people here seem to do it and I feel since I have the money I should go for it :D. Now the question is, when I put the card in the motherboard, all I have to do is put that sli cable over it and enable SLI option in the nvidia control panel, right?
Old August 30, 2009, 11:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

About SLI, yes, that's pretty much it.

Regarding the game: Good luck.

According to EA, turning off Vsync should do it!

EA Hong Kong | Message Boards - Mouse lag issues with Dead Space PC?

But alas, no.

Also:

Quote:
I played through half of the game with vsync off and it was a tolerable.
But after enabling triple-buffering it works nearly perfect...
Quote:
Are you all sure that turning off vsync fixed it? It does absolutely nothing for me. I didn't have it on in the first place... I've tried all the d3doverrider stuff too. It helped a lot for FC2 but does nothing for dead space. Is there anything else I can do?
Old August 30, 2009, 02:45 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I am actually going to recommend that you turn V-Sync ON. Believe it or not, I have experienced lag in Dead Space when the framerates are too high. Unlike many games on the market, framerates in Dead Space with high-end cards can actually climb about 200 even with a lower-end CPU which causes a ton of problems including overheating GPUs and mouse lag issues.

Give it a try.

Another reason you might be feeling the game "lags" is due to the fact that the game dynamics are actually MEANT to feel heavy. The developers talked about this as an integral gameplay mechanic that comes with the character being bound by a massively overweight space suit.
Old August 30, 2009, 09:44 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

you can try playing with vsync off. you can fix the high framerate issue by enabling tripple buffering and/or downclocking your video card.
Old August 30, 2009, 09:59 PM
Allstar
F@H

I get mouse lag as well with the system in my SIG

Q9550 E0 stepping @ 4Ghz
Gigabyte EP45 UD3P
G.Skill pc2 8500 1066mhz RAM
Corsair TX750 Watt Power Supply
Western Digital 500gb and Seagate 500gb in RAID 0
Western Digital 250gb
Antec 1200
OCZ Vendetta 2 LGA 775 CPU cooler with bolt thru kit
XFX HD5970
Steelseries 7G Mechanical Keyboard
Samsung 305T 30 Inch 2560x1600 LCD monitor
Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Speakers, Sennheiser HD215's, G35's
Steelseries Xai Laser Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old August 31, 2009, 04:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Shayan we have almost the same build and I get no lag?? Ea isn't anymore the company it was 5 years ago, they turn like Ubisoft and stop to make really good care of there game after the release date. That really make me WRAAAAAA. I think that V-sync is the problem, or try to turn of blur or anti-blur something like that I don' remember:)

Ask for more.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||