Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old August 6, 2009, 11:08 PM
ToXic's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 469
Default Just purchased a refurbrished 4870 x2

Just got one of these toys from memory express for bout 375 bucks, and am just pending pickup. Im wondering if theirs anything i should be worried about as its a refurbished model? Hopefully it works as well as my 3870 x2 has, and i don't need to be worried about it turning to mush one night, as i have heard these things run hot at about 90C.

Thanks.
__________________
Some kind of pathetic Apple convert

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old August 7, 2009, 01:38 PM
hightest's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: calgary
Posts: 386
Default

Hi Toxic.You should take that bak and get a xfx 4870x2.It is only $25;00 more.

At memoryxpress.

Or buy Chilly's frum the bts here at HWC.
__________________
Man all this computor stuff is 2 addicting.Even thou i dont need 2 i allways wanna upgrade.

Last edited by hightest; August 7, 2009 at 01:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old August 7, 2009, 01:50 PM
ToXic's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 469
Default

whats so good bout the XFX model?
__________________
Some kind of pathetic Apple convert

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old August 7, 2009, 01:53 PM
BT!'s Avatar
BT! BT! is offline
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Muskoka
Posts: 854
Default

xfx has double lifetime warranty, so if you sell it down the road that person also has lifetime warranty, and you can remove and use water cooling products on it without voiding warranty.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old August 7, 2009, 01:55 PM
ToXic's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 469
Default

meh i only plan to use this card until 2010, then ima buy a 5870 x2 heh....
__________________
Some kind of pathetic Apple convert

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old August 9, 2009, 11:13 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXic View Post
Just got one of these toys from memory express for bout 375 bucks, and am just pending pickup. Im wondering if theirs anything i should be worried about as its a refurbished model? Hopefully it works as well as my 3870 x2 has, and i don't need to be worried about it turning to mush one night, as i have heard these things run hot at about 90C.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXic View Post
meh i only plan to use this card until 2010, then ima buy a 5870 x2 heh....
meh, if your not that worry then you won't need to ask about the refurbished card, if it works today and tomorrow just cross your finger that it will last you till the end of 2009.

Not that big of a deal cause its ONLY $375 or one can get one at that price for a brand spanking new xfx 4870x2 with double life warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old August 9, 2009, 11:35 PM
ToXic's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatalamesite View Post
meh, if your not that worry then you won't need to ask about the refurbished card, if it works today and tomorrow just cross your finger that it will last you till the end of 2009.

Not that big of a deal cause its ONLY $375 or one can get one at that price for a brand spanking new xfx 4870x2 with double life warranty.
i traded it back, and i have a XFX one now lol... the door hanger kicks ass for the room im in!
__________________
Some kind of pathetic Apple convert

17" Macbook Pro - Stock
15" Macbook Pro Retina - Stock
13" Macbook Air - Stock
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old August 10, 2009, 05:19 PM
belgolas's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: St. Thomas, Ontario
Posts: 3,950

My System Specs

Default

Yeah that $25 extra for the XFX version will come in handy because when you sell it you should easily cover that $25 back.
__________________

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4870 1gb vs 4870 2gb MrFoxx Video Cards 28 May 11, 2009 08:07 AM
4870 512Mb VS 4870 1Gb ddude27 Video Cards 4 April 30, 2009 01:57 AM
[FS] Diamond 4870, XSPC Razor 4870 Block SugarJ Buy/Sell & Trade 4 March 26, 2009 03:26 PM
Video upgrade - 4870 1GB vs 4870 X2 Maplicito New Builds 10 February 24, 2009 12:40 PM
Have you purchased an EPSON product with a mail-in rebate recently, READ HERE DarKStar Off Topic 4 November 27, 2008 08:25 PM