Featuring the "second Generation" of the NVIDIA unified shader architecture, G90 (or G92) will be capable of nearly 1 trillion floating point calculations per second- over 2x faster than the Geforce 8800 Ultra, and may support DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.0. GeForce 9 is slated to launch during Q4 2007.
"G92" GeForce 9800 GTX specs.
- 65nm process technology at TSMC.
- Over one billion transistors.
- Second Generation Unified Shader Architecture.
- Double precsion support (FP64).
- GPGPU native.
- Over one TeraFLOPS of shader processing power.
- MADD+ADD configuration for the shader untis (2+1 FLOPS=3 FLOPS per ALU)
- Fully Scalar design.
- 512-bit memory interface.
- 1024MB GDDR4 graphics memory.
- DirectX 10.1 support.
- OpenGL 3.0 Support.
- eDRAM die for "FREE 4xAA".
- built in Audio Chip.
- built in tesselation unit (in the graphics core"
- Improved AA and AF quality levels
65nm process will allow for better yields and better power consumption. power consumption will be lower than that of a GeForce 8800 GTX.
GeForce 9800 GTX will be over two times faster than a GeForce 8800 Ultra in real world games and applcations.
Release date : November 2007. There will be TWO products at launch: The flagship GeForce 9800 GTX and the second fastest GeForce 9800 GTS.
price for the GeForce 9800 GTX will be 549-649 USD.
price for the GeForce 9800 GTS will be 399-449 USD.