Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 22, 2007, 08:47 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Comment thread for Arctic Cooling S2 & Turbo Module Review

Well guys, we have a new review up. This time it is for the Arctic Cooling S2 and their optional Turbo Module. Please post your questions and comments on this thread.

Here is the review: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/hardw...html#post14883

Enjoy!!!
Old July 22, 2007, 11:05 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Good review SKYMTL

Did you know retail price for this ?
|::|CPU: i7 920 "D0"@?|::|MOBO: EVGA Classified|::|RAM: 6GB G.Skill Trident ddr3|::|GPU: BFG GTX 275|::|HDD: 2xSamsung F1 1TB|::|PSU: Ultra X3 1000W|::|Sound: Xonar DX|::|Powered by Heatkiller 3.0 LT/EK GTX275/EK Classified/Feser One X-360 TFC|::|Silverstone TJ 07
LCD: Samsung T260 25,5|::|Logitech Z5500
Project: Classified by Hausner - work in progress.
Old July 22, 2007, 06:00 PM

The S2 is already out and the retail price (here through Canadian retailers) is still TBD for the Turbo Module. IMO, it will be between $12-$15 CAD.
Old July 22, 2007, 06:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

that thing is huge!
Old July 22, 2007, 06:22 PM

Yup but it cools like no tomorrow in passive mode. IMO, you can't have good passive cooling without a large area for the cooling fins. That is why this cooler succeeds where the Thermalright fell a bit flat.
Old July 26, 2007, 10:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

The cooler looks so wide that running SLI may be impossible, even without the extra fans. You would need a REALLY long and flexible SLI bridge to get over that!
Old August 31, 2007, 12:46 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
The cooler looks so wide that running SLI may be impossible, even without the extra fans. You would need a REALLY long and flexible SLI bridge to get over that!
The fins are far enough apart, I bet you could squeeze it inbetween them without having to bend them much at all.

Great review by the way, and I haven't even read it all yet!

I had one in my hand earlier today, put it back on the shelf thinking I'd better pick it up through ncix since this store is usually on the pricy side. Yet it was only $31, not bad for that place considering what I had in my hand looked a lot more expensive... if it was for a fridge or stove, it'd be 10 times that much lol.

I was just looking into some review-oogles, wanting to know what the exact differences are between the S1 and S2, and looking for height issues with some cases maybe scraping the side panel or something. This site url jumped out of the google result, something I've noticed is happening more and more often to me.

So I must say, that I am getting to really like this place, and tending to jump to google links from here first, because I like how thorough everyone is and am getting to really really really like the linkbacks. I'm thinking of dispensing with google all together, and simply conduct my searches here! LOL

Anyways, I do have a burning question; any idea who in Canada has the turbo module in stock? I,m probably going to pick an S1 up in the next couple days, and I definately want the fan units with it. I can get by for a while if there isn't stock, strap something on or near it, but eventually I hope that DC or NCIX stock these turbos.

Tia, and keep up the good work! The place is growing fast, and diserves it!

boot: 4x WD Caviar SE16 250gb SATA2 Raid-0
backup: Seagate 500gb 32mb SATA2
eye: eVGA 9800GTX+ SC 512mb 770/2.25ghz
candy: Samsung 940B-HAS | X-Fi XMusic | Pioneer DVR-212D SATA
juice: PC Power & Cooling 750Quad | Cooler Master HAF932
steering: Logitech G15 & G5 | E3D Pro/Momo Wheel | X-530's