Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9, 2009, 06:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
wow max fan speed will be somethink like...a jet aircraft taking off in your neightbour house:) SKYMTL was right with the Vapor-X, they are really good card and vapor is really awsome to eliminate heat faster. If my memories good I have read an article that every big saphire card will soon have this for retail heatsink. I like that.
are you sure your not confuse about the sapphire egg carton box? but then again i could be wrong

the vapor-x series are mostly top binned gpus
Old July 9, 2009, 06:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

The one thing I've noticed with the 4890's is that a quiet cooler permits the card's other noises to permeate the room.

Under water, my 4890 would whine and sometimes scream under load because of coil noise. It wasn't too loud, but I would rather listen to a fan whirring than the coil whine.

just my 2 cents.

Old July 15, 2009, 12:45 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
With these card the best trick is to go on local shop, (well at the one I work ) the suplier where we get it always have a ton's in stock so it's pretty easy to get. Don't realy know why web shop don't have them most of the time. are they all using the same supplier ( NXsource, I mean NCIX) ??
Haha really? I might enquire (or is it supposed to be "inquire" lol) about that. I suppose you would incur some sort of additional fee, but depending on the product it might be worth it :)

Haha and is the 4890 really so lound on just its own? I reckon running it at about 30% is pretty silent :S
Old July 15, 2009, 05:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The reason why ATI card are louder is because of the fan getting more Airflow then the Nvidia one, the sound you listen to is turbulence. Low speed low CFM multi fan is the best and silent way ( thx arctic cooling ). Eprom always have all these card in stock and ready at your door in 24 hour wich is not the case of new egg NCIX directcan most of the time. don't really know why. The additional fee is the 2 tax if in quebec XD, but I have to tell you, videocard is the type of thing I always get locally ( if ever I push it to far ) it's much easier to get a replacement with my favorit loval shop:P

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||