Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1, 2009, 01:56 PM
Rookie

Default Dual Monitor Troubleshooting

Ok, so here is what I have going on. I have an Asus M50VM laptop. It has an extra slot on the side to plug in dual monitors.

I had this up and running for the longest time with no problem. Then I had a virus and I had to scrub my hard drive and I reinstalled Windows from the recovery disk.

Now I can't get the computer to recognize my LG Flatron W22552TQ flat screen monitor. I have tried restarting it and everything else I can think of. I am running vista.

When I go to "Display Settings" and click on Advanced settings then monitor, The top box that says properties isn't even clickable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated it. I can't go back to 1 monitor after I have been using 2. It just isn't possible.

Thanks
Old June 1, 2009, 01:57 PM
Rookie

I forgot to add these screenshots I took:

Old June 1, 2009, 04:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well from those screenshots I can tell you what is wrong. Your video driver is a a basic VGA driver that is included with windows. It appears as if you have a Nvidia card in there (9600M I believe) so you need to load the driver on there. You can get the newest driver here.

After you have that installed I'm sure you will have no issues with the second monitor.