Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19, 2009, 07:00 PM
Rookie

oh hey charlie, how far are you overclocking your 280 anyway? i mean your on your 4th thats insane, you must be doing something wrong/crazy,

i have 285
Old May 19, 2009, 07:04 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Inik has a 280. I have 275s, and 260s.
Old May 19, 2009, 07:07 PM
Rookie

whoops i mean Inik
Old May 19, 2009, 07:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

OC the snot out of it using EVGA Precision :)
Old May 19, 2009, 08:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Uhhh what's so bad with BFG?
Old May 19, 2009, 09:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp-Shooter View Post
LOL i never heard of that, when i see PSOD do i have to RMA, or is that when i overclocked too far? i remember when i heavily overclocked my 8800 i get freezes/or BSOD which scares the shit out of me sometimes cause i think i killed it... anyway, overclocking a video card just by frequency's will that destroy a card? i doubt it only if im playing with voltages correct?
Only if it PSOD's at overclocked settings. If it runs fine at stock, then you don't really have a legitimate reason to RMA the card. I'm one of the unfortunate guys who had stable overclocks turn into PSOD's over time, but stock clocks work just fine. BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC.
Old May 19, 2009, 10:57 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Uhhh what's so bad with BFG?
I'll give them credits to be one of the firsts to offer life time warranties on video cards. They also do warranty stuff within Canada so also a plus.

However.. that said.. BFG dicked me around with one RMA.. didn't have stock on one video card so sent me an alternative model.. was one model up.. but coudln't SLI it with the remaining card.. though I told them in advanced what I had and that I SLI the two. They said they couldn't replace my other card to match..

Anyways it was about time to upgrade the my video cards.. so I bought 6 EVGA 9800GTX+ cards. When they first hit the street the pricing was pretty good at $170 futureshop.. I've read that EVGA is more considerate with replacing sli setups with matching, etc.
Old May 20, 2009, 12:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Anyways it was about time to upgrade the my video cards.. so I bought 6 EVGA 9800GTX+ cards. When they first hit the street the pricing was pretty good at $170 futureshop.. I've read that EVGA is more considerate with replacing sli setups with matching, etc.
I really wouldn't bank on that...so one of my 280 Cards goes kaput...you think they'll send 2 285's?.....Goodluck with that.....

Old May 20, 2009, 04:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp-Shooter View Post
oh hey charlie, how far are you overclocking your 280 anyway? i mean your on your 4th thats insane, you must be doing something wrong/crazy,

i have 285
I oc'd the the 2 first GPU. I stopped after that, I just don't want to take the risk anymore! I'm actually undercloking the card during the night, because the squealing is annoying me when I'm trying to sleep.

Yukon : I'm the unfortunate guy who had PSOD's on stock clock

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old May 20, 2009, 06:23 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Im on my second BFG Card .My first went to trayton (9800gtx) I like BFG for there RMA ,There fast and really easy to work with.My son on the other hand love"s the TOP series by ASUS.To pricie for me.