Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7, 2009, 06:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default 9800 GTX+ SC SLI Benches

Hey guys,
got bored with my primary Rig...so..seeing as how the 9800GTX+SC version is being offered for $169 (NCIX), thought "what the hell"...i'll give it a go on an E8400 OC'd to 4.05 Ghz.
When I get the Card, likely Monday / Tuesday I'll run through some "single 9800GTX+" benches along with some 9800GTX+ SLI benches on:
1. 3DMK06 (the Rig is loaded with XP 32 Bit)
2. Crysis Warhead
3. Far Cry 2

Let me know if thier are any other benches you want a comparison of (no Vantage as this Rig is my wifes office Rig...no Vista 64)...

Cheers
B

Old May 7, 2009, 06:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dancing_Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post

Let me know if thier are any other benches you want a comparison of (no Vantage as this Rig is my wifes office Rig...no Vista 64)...

Cheers
B
So yea, i am very interested in some FAHmon Benches

RIGHT office rig
i bet your wife not gonna cook for the next few months. cause she'll be doing headshots and treasure hunting/demon slaying when she's at home

Nice one eVGA fan man
Old May 7, 2009, 07:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
So yea, i am very interested in some FAHmon Benches

RIGHT office rig
i bet your wife not gonna cook for the next few months. cause she'll be doing headshots and treasure hunting/demon slaying when she's at home

Nice one eVGA fan man
Are you out for a personal "attack" on all of my Posts bud?.....

I really am not into it..to be quite honest.....

The name is "Bob"...Captain Canadian Coast Guard...I "experiment" with Hardware....really. if you've got nothing "positive" to add to any of my Posts..then kindly refrain!!
As for your immature "Fan Boy" comments...I've really had enough of em...keep em to your childish "kid forums"....not here please!
btw...Yes...my old Rigs generally go to my wife for her business...if I don't sell them. Also....when I'm at home for my month off of work I do the cooking

Reality - do you reaclee what kind of "bench" scores you were getting with your 790i and 9800GTX Sli config....as I mentioned awhile ago, I'll be able to provide you with some numbers based on an OC'd E8400...

Last edited by rjbarker; May 7, 2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old May 7, 2009, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ILVgeARX View Post

Nice one eVGA fan man
Make that "Fan Men"

EVGA FTW

EE
Old May 7, 2009, 07:48 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Make that "Fan Men"
...another guy that appreciates quality Hardware....Go Canucks Go...

Old May 7, 2009, 08:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I pretty much only but evga on nvidia's side and think I am only going to purchase XFX on ATI's side. I am no fan boy but they do produce quality hardware backed by quality customer service.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old May 7, 2009, 08:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
I pretty much only but evga on nvidia's side and think I am only going to purchase XFX on ATI's side. I am no fan boy but they do produce quality hardware backed by quality customer service.
I agree Belgolas...its simply that whole calling Members either "ATI Fanboys" or Evga Fanboys" that completely wears thin with me.....its childish..to say the least!

Old May 7, 2009, 09:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Red face

Sorry Bob, didn't meant anything personal

my apologies!
Old May 7, 2009, 09:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Sorry Bob, didn't meant anything personal

my apologies!
No worries 5.....thanks for the apology...accepted..appreciated....carry on... eh..?!

Old May 8, 2009, 12:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Hey Rj, sorry for a delayed entrance, I was out of town for a week =( Got my CM-690 all painted up though =D I think I still have some of the screenies from when I ran all my benchmarks, I know I was just under 18000 3dmark06 points with everything running on a knifes edge overclock wise. Im really looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers you get with this setup =)

I can tell you that crysis warhead with all settings gamer @ 16:9 resolution and no AA I was getting 35 fps on most levels average FPS but ice levels tended to destroy my frame rates =( if I went to DX9 I could run enthusiast settings at the same resolution and get constant 35 fps average no matter what so thats what I ran the game on when I was playing it. Max settings @ 16:9 on farcry with full aa/af enabled I was getting 45fps average with a few drops down around the 29fps area. Im expecting to see a few boosts in performance from your rig ;)

Also count me in as a huge EVGA\Nvidia fan, I am extremely happy with how well those 9800GTXs ran and I am looking forward to getting my motherboard back from RMA so I can try out my new GTX 260 Sp 216. So far dealing with EVGA has been great, their CS opperators seem to have a clue what their talking about and their product support message boards are top notch.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.