Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Video Cards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19, 2009, 06:40 PM
Top Prospect

Default BFG Step up program

I bought a BFG GTX280oc back in nov 2008, and since the release of the 285,295 cards i have been watching their site waiting for for the words " eligible for trade up " to appear on my cards registration page, well the 100 days has come and gone so i just figured that my card wasen't in the program. So taday i was speaking with a HWC member about purchasing his sli setup so i deceided that i would need to sell my card, and after a google of the card name i found several posts on forum where ppl with the same card were able to trade up... wth? so back to the BFG site logged in pulled up my acct and started to read the info on my registered card... card registered dec 1999? can anyone who has registered a card with BFG verify that when you register you send them the info and they post it on their site? I find it hard to beleive that i made such a huge mistake. Also would i sound crazy to ask them to honour the step up if in fact the mistake was on their end?
Old April 19, 2009, 06:47 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

All my items are passed the 100 days, and none are eligible for Trade-up.
Old April 19, 2009, 06:52 PM
Top Prospect

Well what i'm getting at is since i know that this card was eligible and i'm trying to figure out if the 1999 date kept the step up option from being available to me as i believe it is auto generated by date thus my 100 days would have ended 9 years before i even bought the card
Old April 19, 2009, 06:55 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Send a ticket to their Support.
Old April 19, 2009, 06:58 PM
Top Prospect

Yeah i called tonight but the tech guys advised to call back in the morning and speak to a csr, so i guess i'll find out my answer tomorrow.
Old April 20, 2009, 08:15 AM
MVP

With bfg registration u would have had to email, fax or mail a copy of the an invoice that would have had a date on it then u would recieve an email that u'r invoice was recieved and verified by bfg. My point being if all steps were taken to register the card then bfg also made a mistake by not catching the date on the invoice. As far as step up, I'm on my 2nd bfg card and it doesn't seem financially favorable to do a canadian step up(shipping x2 and exchange rate), I found that selling the card privatly then buying a new one worked out better for me.
Old April 20, 2009, 08:22 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

vee vant you to call back, unt speak to a Czar.
Old April 20, 2009, 01:13 PM
Top Prospect

Well i spoke with a BFG rep today and was advised that it was in fact a error on their end. When i asked to have them honor the trade up as i was never given the option, i was put on hold while the rep spoke with his manager. several minutes later i was advised that because the 100 day time period had expired i would not be able to do so. I argued that that the reason that it had expired was that i was never given the option to during the 100 days as a result of an error on BFG's end. The answer i was given was " i'm sory but if you had noticed the error earlier we would have been able to help you". So i guess it's now my job when buying a video card to make sure that BFG does not make any mistakes on their end because its my fault if they do lol...

Last edited by Frank Booth; April 20, 2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: typo
Old April 20, 2009, 01:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

Even if the date was entered correctly, they're not under any obligation to remind you of the stepup option. It's a selling point, just like it is with EVGA, but it's up to you to pursue the option within the time frame. Had you done so, and attempted to stepup, you would have encountered the incorrect date and been able to remedy it, using the same steps you just underwent, except that it would have been fixed within the eligible time period.
Old April 20, 2009, 03:07 PM
Top Prospect

Actually i did try to do so several times and as the option to do so never appeared beside my product registrations as it should have, it would have been done. Also it should not be required by myself to correct BFG's mistakes as i provided all the correct information on my end.The fact that they admitted the mistake on their end should justify my request.

Last edited by Frank Booth; April 20, 2009 at 03:13 PM.